Love Wine?

Old Jun 12th 2016, 6:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love Wine?

Originally Posted by NeonHippy

But feel free to pm me
and me of course
Old Jun 12th 2016, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

No its a proper wine shop, not a Thailand car boot venture.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

OK the cheapo wine shop I've migrated to :-

The address is "The Wine Shop" (Pulau Tikus)
11A & 15 Lintang Burma 10250, Penang.

If you go past the Adventist past the Midland, & about 100. metres short of Cantonment road traffic lights there is a little road on the left side, that's it, so be in the extreme left side as you pass Midland, once turned left there is a small parade of shops set back on the left side its in there.

A few points to note :-
When you go in the wine shop there is an archway inside on the left that goes to a deli which is a part of the shop, all the prices shown on the wine bottles are for drinking in Deli prices, & not take out, so when you look at the wine bottle price you must always ask the assistant what is the "take out price" normally a lot less.

The cheapest wines tend to be just inside the door on the rack on the left, not a huge selection but I was there the other day stocking up on wine for my home drinking its fine for me, I purchased some Australian, & Chile these were 36.myr each + 6% GST, they have huge selection of wines of all regions, & prices some very expensive I normally buy a couple of good ones as well as plonk.

Please don't write back & say your favorite wine is still cheaper in Cold Storage, but when we left there we then popped into C.S for some other shopping & the cheapest wine they had on offer was 49.95 myr. I'm just letting you know where I now, & several others I've spoken to, now buy there wines, & they put them in the car for you !
Old Jun 19th 2016, 10:20 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man from emas
OK the cheapo wine shop I've migrated to :-

The address is "The Wine Shop" (Pulau Tikus)
11A & 15 Lintang Burma 10250, Penang.
Anyone been to O'lives Restaurant two doors down from the Wine Shop?
Also I think I spied a Japanese Restaurant over the road, anyone been there?

JC3
Old Jun 20th 2016, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man from emas
A few points to note :-
all the prices shown on the wine bottles are for drinking in Deli prices, & not take out, so when you look at the wine bottle price you must always ask the assistant what is the "take out price" normally a lot less.
Excellent tip. I went in there and exited again thinking everything was overpriced. I shall return and ask for the proper price!