British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Love Wine? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/love-wine-859023/)

bakedbean Jun 12th 2016 6:56 am

Re: Love Wine?

Originally Posted by NeonHippy (Post 11971006)

But feel free to pm me:drinkwine:

and me of course :lol:

man from emas Jun 12th 2016 9:42 am

No its a proper wine shop, not a Thailand car boot venture.

man from emas Jun 19th 2016 9:40 am

OK the cheapo wine shop I've migrated to :-

The address is "The Wine Shop" (Pulau Tikus)
11A & 15 Lintang Burma 10250, Penang.

If you go past the Adventist past the Midland, & about 100. metres short of Cantonment road traffic lights there is a little road on the left side, that's it, so be in the extreme left side as you pass Midland, once turned left there is a small parade of shops set back on the left side its in there.

A few points to note :-
When you go in the wine shop there is an archway inside on the left that goes to a deli which is a part of the shop, all the prices shown on the wine bottles are for drinking in Deli prices, & not take out, so when you look at the wine bottle price you must always ask the assistant what is the "take out price" normally a lot less.

The cheapest wines tend to be just inside the door on the rack on the left, not a huge selection but I was there the other day stocking up on wine for my home drinking its fine for me, I purchased some Australian, & Chile these were 36.myr each + 6% GST, they have huge selection of wines of all regions, & prices some very expensive I normally buy a couple of good ones as well as plonk.

Please don't write back & say your favorite wine is still cheaper in Cold Storage, but when we left there we then popped into C.S for some other shopping & the cheapest wine they had on offer was 49.95 myr. I'm just letting you know where I now, & several others I've spoken to, now buy there wines, & they put them in the car for you !

JC3 Jun 19th 2016 10:20 am

Originally Posted by man from emas (Post 11977503)
OK the cheapo wine shop I've migrated to :-

The address is "The Wine Shop" (Pulau Tikus)
11A & 15 Lintang Burma 10250, Penang.

Anyone been to O'lives Restaurant two doors down from the Wine Shop?
Also I think I spied a Japanese Restaurant over the road, anyone been there?

JC3

NeonHippy Jun 20th 2016 7:20 am

Originally Posted by man from emas (Post 11977503)
A few points to note :-
all the prices shown on the wine bottles are for drinking in Deli prices, & not take out, so when you look at the wine bottle price you must always ask the assistant what is the "take out price" normally a lot less.

Excellent tip. I went in there and exited again thinking everything was overpriced. I shall return and ask for the proper price!