Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

LOOKING TO MEET NEW FRIENDS FOR COFFEE MORNINGS

LOOKING TO MEET NEW FRIENDS FOR COFFEE MORNINGS

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:24 am
Just Joined

debbie uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOOKING TO MEET NEW FRIENDS FOR COFFEE MORNINGS

HI, My name is Debbie and would like know any meeting places for expats in and around penang, please drop me a line I am in my 40s. thank you
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:42 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOOKING TO MEET NEW FRIENDS FOR COFFEE MORNINGS

Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your thread to the Malaysia section as you are based in Penang. There's a few existing threads on this subject already and you may wish to have a look at this thread below, which has various links to other places.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768436

If you're specifically looking for daytime events, you may wish to check out the IWA (International Womens Association) website. I have a feeling that they do some coffee mornings. It tends to be mainly expats I believe, but a wide range of age groups. I've not been to anything of theres but know of some ladies who belong to IWA. It depends really what you are looking for. Website is here: http://iwa-penang.info/

You could also check out Spiral Synergy. They do a lot of different events ranging from shopping events, coffee mornings, excursions and day trips. I'm struggling to find their website at the moment. If you cannot find it, send me a PM* and I'll give you the lady's email address. She sends out regular newletters of events going on.

This may not be quite the age group for you, but there is a support group of MM2Hers (and I am one of them) who have coffee meetups every 2 or 3 weeks. Next meetup is next Tuesday at Cafe Mozart 2pm. You can read here: http://mm2hpenang.weebly.com/coffee-meetups.html
Cafe Mozart is in Ferringhi plaza opposite the Rasa Sayang hotel. I would say that the age group is from 50 to 70ish so you may feel that this is too old for you. But you're welcome to come along if you wish. You may be classed as a "MM2h Wannabe"

*Note that the PM function on here will not work until you've done 3 posts. This is to prevent spammers taking over. So please do a few more posts.

How long have you been in Penang? How long will you be staying for? I've been here nearly 3 years and, as you may have gathered, am retired.... early retired I should say