living in malaysia

Old May 4th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default living in malaysia

Hi all,
I would like some information on living in malaysia. My wife is malaysian and I am from the UK I have read that i no longer need a work pass If I have a social pass. is this right we are thinking of moving and living in malaysia in the next five years. I don't think I need the MM2H as my wife is malaysian. any advice would be very help full
Firefox
Old May 4th 2009, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

liliand is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: living in malaysia

Hi Before deciding to move to live in Malaysia, I am sure most of us expats would agree that it is essential to visit and get the 'feel' of it for both of you, as well as doing a lot of homework via the internet.

A week to ten day's trip would enable you to take in KL and Penang plus the highlands.
I wish you luck in your quest. Lilian
Old May 4th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Re: living in malaysia

I know malaysia i have been many times and will be going soon to visit family
Old May 18th 2009, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Frost-Jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: living in malaysia

I shall be visiting K.L. on the 6th June. The main reason is to have a face lift. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a surgeon and or hospital. I shall be flying in from India on my own so would appreciate a cyber hand to hold. Many Thanks Frost-Jan
Old May 18th 2009, 9:01 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frost-Jan
I shall be visiting K.L. on the 6th June. The main reason is to have a face lift. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a surgeon and or hospital. I shall be flying in from India on my own so would appreciate a cyber hand to hold. Many Thanks Frost-Jan
I'm sorry but if you're flying into KL with the main intention to have a face lift, shouldn't you have done your homework? How do you know there are any decent surgeons in KL? Or that they can fit you in?

Most people I know who jet off for a long-weekend and come back looking incredibly refreshed have been to Bangkok - Bumingrad Hospital.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm sorry but if you're flying into KL with the main intention to have a face lift, shouldn't you have done your homework? How do you know there are any decent surgeons in KL? Or that they can fit you in?

Most people I know who jet off for a long-weekend and come back looking incredibly refreshed have been to Bangkok - Bumingrad Hospital.
this was about visas not face lifts
Old May 18th 2009, 9:19 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did realise that, I didn't take it off track but so gobsmacked that I had to reply.

I'm afraid there is not a lot of traffic on the FE Forum these days. I'm ex-Singapore but don't know anything about Msia visas, sorry.
Old May 18th 2009, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I did realise that, I didn't take it off track but so gobsmacked that I had to reply.

I'm afraid there is not a lot of traffic on the FE Forum these days. I'm ex-Singapore but don't know anything about Msia visas, sorry.
I know what you mean i thought India would be cheaper tho. Are you still in SG or have you moved.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:38 am
Auntie Fa

Moved to Sydney just over a year ago, but still pop in here to see if I can answer any questions.

I don't know if it's any good but try expat.com.my
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:16 am
Just Joined

andyong is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're looking for furniture for your new house in Malaysia, there is a website called furnipoint.com that have wide range of furniture catalogs from various brand. The items in that site are all tagged with prices and pictures. It helps you to save time as you only go to the show rooms after selecting your right choice of furniture. I hope this will benefit you. Good Luck.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

liliand is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. All useful information about living in Malaysia - KL in particular - is welcome.
We are interested in the cooler parts of the Malay peninsula and want to know if there are expat communities within and hour or two's drive from KL.
Lilian
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

malaysianson is an unknown quantity at this point

Dr. Soma, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Subang Jaya Medical Centre. He was the former lead lecturer for surgery for a top university. Nice chap. Very polite. Very skilled.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:32 pm
The Flying Anglo-Dutchman

Bikbergen is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Firefox - Go to: www. alloexpat.com/malaysia_expat_forum/

You will find all the info you want on this website!

@ liliand - Cool part of the Malaysian peninsula within 2 hours of KL would be the Cameron Highlands ofcourse. We visit it every year when we are on holiday in Malaysia. My parents and I used to escape to CH several times a year when we still lived in Singapore in the 60's/70's. There used to be a Brit and Dutch expat community there but they died out decades ago....
All thats left over are the quaint cottages and one or two pubs and hotels that were built by the Brits. Unfortunately a lot of it has fallen in to disrepair which is not unusual for Malaysia.

We will be visiting CH in September again after visiting Penang and Pangkor Island.

The FE Forum is indeed very quiet, haven't been here for months....
Old May 27th 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

thunderconk is an unknown quantity at this point

heyy all,

I just finished high school here in the middle east and im looking forward to study at a British or American University in Malaysia because of the good priced living costs. If anyone could help me by telling me about the various top British or American universities there in Malaysia, that would be great really...and about the average living costs per year...Thanxx alot
Old May 28th 2010, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

thunderconk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=thunderconk;8593321]heyy all,

I just finished high school here in the middle east and im looking forward to study at a British or American University in Malaysia because of the good priced living costs. If anyone could help me by telling me about the various top British or American universities there in Malaysia, that would be great really...and about the average living costs per year...If anyone can send me an email on [email protected] that would be greatt really..thanxx alot!!