British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Ladies - bras for Westerners - where? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/ladies-bras-westerners-where-694371/)

bakedbean Nov 22nd 2010 8:28 am

Ladies - bras for Westerners - where?

I wouldn't say I was over-large, quite compact really, but I am expat size and all I'm finding at the moment is these bullet-proof ones (loads of padding :( ) or ones that you might find your granny wearing :unsure: Do you know what I mean? Where to buy? Am I going to have to travel down to Singapore and pay a small fortune in Marks and Sparks?

Blue Cat Nov 22nd 2010 8:39 am

Re: Ladies - bras for Westerners - where?

have you got a Debenhams? we have one in Dubai and they stock a range I think it is called ultra for the larger ladies :p

bakedbean Nov 22nd 2010 8:44 am

Thanks Blue Cat but I am not large by any means. It's just all this padding :ohmy::ohmy:. I just did a google for Debenhams Malaysia and amazed that they seem to have a store in KL. Maybe I need to head down to KL one of these days.

Not sure if we have any other ladies in Penang on here?

OzSheila Nov 22nd 2010 8:49 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 8996415)
I wouldn't say I was over-large, quite compact really, but I am expat size and all I'm finding at the moment is these bullet-proof ones (loads of padding :( ) or ones that you might find your granny wearing :unsure: Do you know what I mean? Where to buy? Am I going to have to travel down to Singapore and pay a small fortune in Marks and Sparks?

There is a M&S in KL. If no luck mail order from M&S in the UK. They have some quite nice "budget" ones.

HTH

bakedbean Nov 22nd 2010 8:57 am

Mail order is a thought though they will probably tax it to the hilt here in Malaysia.

OzSheila Nov 22nd 2010 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 8996451)
Mail order is a thought though they will probably tax it to the hilt here in Malaysia.

Can u not get it sent to someone in the UK who then forwards it to you as a "gift"?

bakedbean Nov 23rd 2010 7:44 am

Thanks OzSheila. Looks like I may have a short trip down to KL next month so I'm going to try one of the M&S branches there. I've checked online and there seems to be one in KLCC and one in PutraJaya.

redbean Dec 5th 2010 6:08 am

I am surprised that Parksons do not carry the type of bras that you would like to buy? Have you tried Parksons's store? Can't remember when was the last time I bought bras in Penang. :ohmy:

bakedbean Dec 6th 2010 12:59 am

Parksons - yes that might be an idea. Middle of Georgetown? May have to get the chauffeur to take me. Driving through Georgetown scares the **** out of me :o:o

redbean Dec 6th 2010 11:51 am

There is a Parksons in Gurney Drive, last time I looked or is it now called the esplanade? :confused:

Don't think you have to travel all the way to GT to visit Parksons. Infact, there is no Parksons in GT unless you meant Queensbay Mall which is way over the other side of GT, on the way to Penang airport.

bakedbean Dec 7th 2010 1:40 am

Crumbs, you are correct redbean. It's in Gurney Plaza and have walked through there a few times <duh>. I just thought it might be the same as the MegaPlaza in Tg Tokong which only seems to stock the bullet-proof variety.

I'll go take a look - mmmmm, maybe I'll wait for the after Christmas sales, heh heh.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

LMR Jan 17th 2011 6:20 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9025383)
Crumbs, you are correct redbean. It's in Gurney Plaza and have walked through there a few times <duh>. I just thought it might be the same as the MegaPlaza in Tg Tokong which only seems to stock the bullet-proof variety.

I'll go take a look - mmmmm, maybe I'll wait for the after Christmas sales, heh heh.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

I'd be fairly top heavy and I've bought bras in Kuala Lumpur. Parkson in the Pavilion KL (in the triumph section) and in the XIIXO (or whatever its called) also in the pavillion. In both places they offered proper (in fact incrediably thorough) measuring services too