Reload this Page >

KL, Malaysia living cost

KL, Malaysia living cost

Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KL, Malaysia living cost

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of going for six months to KL to stay away from the world that I know here. How much will it cost me to live decently for six months in KL?

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: KL, Malaysia living cost

Originally Posted by MrMark
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of going for six months to KL to stay away from the world that I know here. How much will it cost me to live decently for six months in KL?

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
I was there a few weeks ago on holiday and it was certainly cheap. However I do not know the cost of accomodation. Perhaps you should look at Penang or Langkawi, lovely places!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Jim!

How much did it cost you per day without accommodation? I did some search online and found that I could rent a decent furnished apartment for about 1200RM a month. I am wondering about the other things that I may need. for example do I have to rent a car or taxis are ok? things like that.

Cheers,
Mark.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice

I am just back from KL and found the taxis were not too expensive if you get a driver who will use the meter. I would say, if you find a nice driver, get his phone number and he will be around when you need him. Even giving him a tip of a few RM each time is cheaper than the conmen at the tourist hotspots who ask for double fares.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I was staying in KL city centre this month for a few days and eating out/drinking was noticeably more expensive than Penang - more like Singapore prices. Though I suppose you can say that about most city centres.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:15 am
Just Joined

paul_thompson is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly don't find Kuala Lumpur any more expensive than Penang, in fact I would say the opposite, Taxis' are definitely dearer in Penang. Both places are way cheaper than Singapore.

Enjoy Malaysia - I do!