Reload this Page >

KL international airport

KL international airport

Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KL international airport

Hi All

Quick question, has anybody flown into KL international terminal and have to fly Air Asia to Penang, which I think flies from KLia2.
I am arriving on an international flight at 8.25am and have a Air Asia flight at 10.35am, will I make the flight, if I check in online and print boarding pass and travel with hand luggage only?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KL international airport

I think you should make it if there is no delay.
Since the train from KL goes all the way to KLIA2, it would be a quick way to get there from KLIA1.
By the way, the budget carrier Malindo Air has recently moved to KLIA which makes it a more convenient option.
This may be good to know for future connections.....
Old Apr 20th 2016, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Gunnar45
I will check out Malindo Air
Old Apr 21st 2016, 4:18 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwoofa
Hi All

Quick question, has anybody flown into KL international terminal and have to fly Air Asia to Penang, which I think flies from KLia2.
I am arriving on an international flight at 8.25am and have a Air Asia flight at 10.35am, will I make the flight, if I check in online and print boarding pass and travel with hand luggage only?

Thanks in advance.
Hi BigWoofa,

I agree with Gunnar, you should make it OK if there is no delay. But you are cutting it fine.

Here are a few things to note:
  • KLIA and KLIA2 are the same airport, just different terminals
  • The two terminals are about 2km apart connected by train (it takes just a few minutes)
  • You cannot get directly from Airside KLIA to Airside KLIA2. You must exit KLIA first, i.e. pass through Immigration, and then make your way to KLIA2 Landside
  • Both terminals are huge which means long distances to walk to and from the flight gates
  • Watch out for potential delays in the Immigration queue.
    Try to make good speed ahead of your fellow passengers to Immigration when you get off your international flight.
  • If you have an MM2H Visa it may be quicker to use the Diplomatic/Expatriates immigration channel if there is one.
  • In your shoes I would book a second (later) Air Asia flight to Penang now as a back up. It could be RM50 well spent.
  • Malindo Air has about 8-10 flights a day between KL & Penang, but about 75% of it’s KL/Penang flights still use the old Subang airport, and only 25% KLIA2.

Good luck

JC3
Old Apr 21st 2016, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi JC3

I don't have MM2H visa yet, that's the reason for the trip. I am planning to get to HSBC Penang Friday pm to start process of opening account, allowing Monday as a fall back day completing opening account and transferring fund into FD account, get letter and do my medical.

I will fly to KL on Tuesday am and go to PJ for visa and fly out to Qatar Wednesday.

Rush, rush I know, but still working and have to fit in a family holiday straight after. I will take your advice and book another flight at later time but probably will not make HSBC before closing time, therefore leaving just Monday to do everything.

Thanks for response
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JC3

I don't have MM2H visa yet, that's the reason for the trip. I am planning to get to HSBC Penang Friday pm to start process of opening account, allowing Monday as a fall back day completing opening account and transferring fund into FD account, get letter and do my medical.

I will fly to KL on Tuesday am and go to PJ for visa and fly out to Qatar Wednesday.

Rush, rush I know, but still working and have to fit in a family holiday straight after. I will take your advice and book another flight at later time but probably will not make HSBC before closing time, therefore leaving just Monday to do everything.

Thanks for response
Why trouble going to Penang?
You could easily do the same in KL in one day and, when you eventually settle in Penang, transfer the HSBC account to the Penang Branch.
Please see my recent post on terminating MM2H for directions to Putrajaya and HSBC......although in reverse to your requirement.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:05 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JC3

I don't have MM2H visa yet, that's the reason for the trip.
Hi BW,

OK. I have sent you a Private Message (PM).

JC3