British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   KL For A Bachelor Weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/kl-bachelor-weekend-697725/)

lionheart Dec 21st 2010 10:13 am

KL For A Bachelor Weekend

Have some male friends who are tempted by very cheap flights from the UAE to spend a long weekend in KL, but what they are really after is more like Bangkok life. Does KL have any raunchy night spots? Can they get drunk in safety? Can you get a massage? If not, how much would it probably cost to fly to Bangkok and back from KL. They intend travelling in mid-January. Thanks guys and sorry if I might have offended those of a sensitive nature.

bakedbean Dec 22nd 2010 4:56 am

Re: KL For A Bachelor Weekend

Heh heh I don't know what to say :D

I'm sure there are those sort of places if you know where but I cannot help you. I know some of that (quite a lot of that) goes on in Georgetown, Penang too judging by some of the arrests reported in the papers - and maybe that should be a little warning - I really don't know.

You can get cheap flights KL to Bangkok, Singapore to Bangkok, what about KL to Phuket? Patong sounds just up your street. Me, I can't stand the place, but each to their own.

Travel mid Jan if it's for a weekend should be okay but bear in mind that Chinese New Year kicks in at end of January and you'll most flights, hotels booked up I would think. Have fun ;):lol:

lionheart Dec 22nd 2010 6:29 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9054510)
You can get cheap flights KL to Bangkok, Singapore to Bangkok, what about KL to Phuket?

Thanks for the heads-up. So roughly how much is "cheap"?

Bijilo123 Dec 22nd 2010 7:47 am

I think that Air Asia goes to Phuket - but it is much more expensive than whoreing in BK.

Patong beach - or the town is full of it but the girls can be a bit worse for wear. Karon Beach which is the next down is a bit limited and there has been trouble there.

Don't forget that the US Navy is around and the carrier was in Patong this month. There ill be more ships stationed in Patong for WW3 in Korea so it can get a bit rough.

That said, Phuket is nice for bike rides, touring round, Tsunamis, getting your head kicked in and aids. BK is cheaper but more of a pain in the arse. (I meant that metaphorically).

Generally - 99% of trips thre are dead safe and funny but be careful of police, annoying the locals and being out of it when on your own.

China town in KL has much to offer - but if it is a mission then Thailand, Manila or Riyadh are the only viable options.

Why do I know this - I frm and buy GM seeds in Thailand. Not too convincing but nonetheless true.