Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

kalana Jaya extension - potentail role

kalana Jaya extension - potentail role

Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default kalana Jaya extension - potentail role

Hi all,

I have an interview next week for a role working on the Kalana Jaya line extension. I believe I am 1 of 2 and if selected they are looking for me to start asap. I have a lot of research to do, but was hoping for some help on a few issues

1. My kids currently do extra curricular french, dancing, tennis and swimming, I assume in a city of 1 million+ I will find these no problem?

2. Oldest kid will need to go into school, hopefully year 2 straight away with the other starting reception year in September. Are the British curriculum schools likely to be able to accommodate that?

3. Package is 33,500 per month gross plus car, accommodation and flights (no detail on any of them). Is this enough for family of four to live comfortable and save a fair bit? My calcs show 3 1/2 months of after tax salary going on schools what should I be looking for accommodation wise? Is a villa with pool and option?

4. Is it possible to either get furnished rentals or hire furniture, electronics etc? We are leaving Brisbane but as my current employer is going to pay for shipping back to the UK we are thinking about just sending it all back and putting it in storage in Glasgow.

5. Could anyone recommend a couple of suburbs to look at?

Last edited by bingobob777; Jan 4th 2013 at 12:27 pm. Reason: Added No. 4 and 5
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:50 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kalana Jaya extension - potentail role

Hi Bingo Bob,

1. My kids currently do extra curricular french, dancing, tennis and swimming, I assume in a city of 1 million+ I will find these no problem?

--- all readily available.

2. Oldest kid will need to go into school, hopefully year 2 straight away with the other starting reception year in September. Are the British curriculum schools likely to be able to accommodate that?

--- Depends on the school and waiting lists for year groups. Make this a priority to sort out.

3. Package is 33,500 per month gross plus car, accommodation and flights (no detail on any of them). Is this enough for family of four to live comfortable and save a fair bit? My calcs show 3 1/2 months of after tax salary going on schools what should I be looking for accommodation wise? Is a villa with pool and option?

--- Sounds fine. If you are getting the car,accom and flights on top of that figure you should be ok. Will you be taxed in Malaysia? The villa with pool depends on where you want to live and budget. I would have thought min 10k rm a month. Look at property.com.my for rentals.

4. Is it possible to either get furnished rentals or hire furniture, electronics etc? We are leaving Brisbane but as my current employer is going to pay for shipping back to the UK we are thinking about just sending it all back and putting it in storage in Glasgow.

---- Yes you can do either. My personal preference would be to rent unfurnished and hire furniture as some of the 'local' fully furnished furniture styles can be seriously OTT (imho).

5. Could anyone recommend a couple of suburbs to look at?
---- Look at Bangsar, Damansara Heights, Mont Kiara, Seputeh and Sri Hartamas.

Cheers
ajw