Job offer...how much?

Old Oct 20th 2019, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Saryarka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer...how much?

Hi there,
We are a family of 4, currently in middle East. My wife and I and two toddlers who will be starting pre-school soon. I'm UK, wife is from Russia. I've been offered an opportunity in Kuala Lumpur, and I've been told to name my price.

In Dubai, we have free school spaces for the kids, annual flights for all and insurance too, as well as living in a good area near the beach. We have a good salary and a comfortable lifestyle (we get a good holiday once a year, and enjoy a good shopping session, and eat out in a few times a week) In addition, I get a month's salary for every year I work as a gratuity when I leave.

All I've been told is that company will provide accommodation then move to an allowance after a year, and kids places are covered at school. My wife will take entry level position with me too.

For a comfortable western expat lifestyle, what is the ballpark amount I should ask for? How much allowance and what other clauses should I insist on to have similar living standard to now?
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 3:00 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer...how much?

Cost it up.
Where you work will impact where you live, and where your children go to school.
schooling system will impact what school.
location will impact school price and housing cost.
Use skyscanner to work out your flight cost requirements.

Years of experience and industry will impact what you can expect.

Also research Malaysia income tax, and determine your take home after tax, because every allowance and payment in Malaysia will be taxed.