Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Jazz Hotel, Tanjung Tokong

Jazz Hotel, Tanjung Tokong

Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jazz Hotel, Tanjung Tokong

Marion's post in Plan B thread prompted me to google for the Jazz Hotel to see when it is actually going to be open. It seems to be taking forever to be built. Maybe they are taking care with the construction hehe.

Looks like it is estimated to be open in March 2017. This will be a great location for visitors to stay as it's just a short toddle along to Straits Quay and the shops and marina (and awaiting taxis), and opposite the Tesco complex with various other shops as well as the supermarket. And it will be the first hotel in Seri Tanjung Pinang.

There's a link here:
Jazz Hotel
Old Jul 18th 2016, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Chris1855 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jazz Hotel, Tanjung Tokong

Yes its coming along now. I think they need to tidy up the whole area beside it, there is an open drain close by the main rd, its like a swamp. Not very welcoming to Tourists

E&O are also building a hotel next to straits quay where the car park was. I think they should have built it years ago to compliment Straits Quay and get SQ some business from day one
Old Jul 18th 2016, 8:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris1855

E&O are also building a hotel next to straits quay where the car park was. I think they should have built it years ago to compliment Straits Quay and get SQ some business from day one
I didn't know that site was going to be a hotel. Better late than never.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Will there be or is there any other parking than the exiting garage available in SQ?
I am reluctant to go there as the garage easily fills up during events & weekends.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Chris1855 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told by an E&O employee 2 years that one car park would be offices and the other a hotel. They have built the offices so I am expecting a hotel there, the work has started
Old Jul 18th 2016, 11:54 pm

I'm down at SQ probably every other day. Always plenty of parking there.

I usually park inside. The side where they are building offices. Still two indoor carparks over that side.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

There's also plenty of parking spaces on the other side where they are building the hotel. The one above where 7-11 is and the other one you need to drive right in to where O-Sushi is, keep going, take a right turn at the end then turn right up a ramp.