British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   It's sooooo hot (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/its-sooooo-hot-704487/)

bakedbean Feb 8th 2011 9:18 am

It's sooooo hot

Is it just me? So flippin hot today, thought I would melt. I think about 35 degrees :(

Kooky. Feb 8th 2011 9:57 am

Re: It's sooooo hot

35? Pah!

Strider24 Feb 9th 2011 4:07 am

Hey guys, you forgot the other major component...humidity. 45C with 20% humidity doesn't feel as oppressive as 35C with 80% humidity. With one it feels you shrivel up and the other you melt. :confused_smile:

bakedbean Feb 9th 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 9161158)
35? Pah!

Haha, I forgot about the Sydney heatwave.

columbine Feb 9th 2011 9:38 am

This is the typical Feb weather here. CNY month has always been HOT, HOt, hot and DRY,DRy dry :lol:
We've been lucky to have that cooler spell earlier.

Strider24 Feb 9th 2011 11:31 am

Funny how we tend to forget the Malaysian "winter" as we are so thankful the nights get cooler, more rain and days almost balmy. Its when the temperature goes up with the humidity and we duct under a fan , we realise we will have 8 months of the same before the next respite. Frankly I love it and it means I can sleep on top of the bed with no covers and feel the lazy fan creating a constant breeze over me with my sarong chucked up around my nether region.:eek:

Londonuck Feb 9th 2011 11:38 am

8c here

swap u some of my cold for some of your heat!

parker-waterman Feb 9th 2011 12:58 pm

What hot weather ? It's 27.2 degrees and the thermo is next to the TV. A light breeze through the windows and it's great.

Sure, about 32 in the shade this afternoon, but with the fans and sitting next to the open fridge, perfect.

parker-waterman

Strider24 Feb 9th 2011 3:57 pm

Sounds like sailing weather. Slap on the suncream, get the sails up, tab off a cold one...hell in the tropics:thumbsup:

bakedbean Feb 10th 2011 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Strider24 (Post 9163146)
Hey guys, you forgot the other major component...humidity. 45C with 20% humidity doesn't feel as oppressive as 35C with 80% humidity. With one it feels you shrivel up and the other you melt. :confused_smile:

Well I gotta tell ya Strider, I was out with an Aussie couple last night and they said the humidity here (Penang) was about the same as in Aus when they left. Maybe Aus got a bit of global warming or something.

Strider24 Feb 10th 2011 3:47 am

Oz is sort of a big place and depends where you are. Not many countries you can sunbath in wonderful temperate conditions in one spot and snow sky in another....or.....get flooded in one spot, have a dought in another, snow falls in yet another while bush fires burn your house down in yet another.:blink::eek::confused:

stranded traveller Feb 10th 2011 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Strider24 (Post 9165923)
Oz is sort of a big place and depends where you are. Not many countries you can sunbath in wonderful temperate conditions in one spot and snow sky in another....or.....get flooded in one spot, have a dought in another, snow falls in yet another while bush fires burn your house down in yet another.:blink::eek::confused:

Get used to it while you're in Malaysia..:)

Strider24 Feb 10th 2011 4:27 am

Hey I got no problem with the heat in Malaysia whatever. I have not used A/C in the house for many years. ( therefore a very low electricity bill) Car A/C sometimes if its been standing in the sun or I have passengers who can't take the heat.

The thing that amuses me is the freezing cold settings and 100% usage of A/C Malaysian have in office and home. Must be acclimatising themselves in case the equator starts freezing.:blink:

stranded traveller Feb 12th 2011 10:07 am

Guys,

I just came back from Penang, was last week!
the weather was ok for me..I'm get used to it..I'm local...so we are fine!

Strider24 Feb 12th 2011 11:23 am

Actually the heat must be affecting me, as I must have B.O.or summit as my rep points are so low, its obvious I'm putting people off:o

bakedbean Feb 13th 2011 2:34 am

Crikey Strider, you've lost me there. A bit too cryptic.

Hey Stranded, which part of Penang did you go to? Did you enjoy?

Strider24 Feb 13th 2011 1:55 pm

I'l explain it over a of red ned one day!!:thumbup:

bakedbean Apr 29th 2011 10:01 am

Re: It's sooooo cold

Bloody hell, it's dropped about 10 degrees C I reckon. Lubbly jubbly. Might have to find a pullover.

Strider24 Apr 29th 2011 10:37 am

'bout 8 deg C as I watch big wigs take seats for "THE WEDDING":thumbup:

bakedbean Apr 29th 2011 11:01 am

Yikes that's cold. It's about 25 degrees here (was around 36 degrees yesterday) then big overnight downpours and most of today.

royal wedding? you sad person :lol:

Strider24 Apr 29th 2011 12:59 pm

Oh come on its wonderful theater. Nobody does it as grandly. Waiting to see the big snog now:rofl:

Strider24 Apr 29th 2011 1:02 pm

I should add, its given me a very good excuse to polish off half bottle so far of the Queens favorite Rare J&B...hic...:eek:

nonthaburi Apr 30th 2011 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Strider24 (Post 9333282)
Oh come on its wonderful theater. Nobody does it as grandly. Waiting to see the big snog now:rofl:

I thought you were okay, not sure now though:unsure:

Strider24 Apr 30th 2011 8:07 am

Wah. Two snog's for the price of one and I'm not paying for it anyway....and the J&B was OK as well.:p

bakedbean Apr 30th 2011 10:34 am

I didn't watch it but trying to catch the News last night and that's all they were showing on the box. Nice dress though ;)

Strider24 Apr 30th 2011 11:19 am

Which dress? Kate's or sister Pippa bum hugging number?:thumbsup:

bakedbean May 1st 2011 3:40 am

I thought both dresses were very nice actually. I liked Kate's dress, very nice, it suited her, but is it just me - she looks painfully thin. Hope she puts on a bit of weight.