Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

i want to live and work in malaysia - HELP !

i want to live and work in malaysia - HELP !

Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

emea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i want to live and work in malaysia - HELP !

can someone please help me , i am a very successful IT manager and very keen on relocating to malaysia, can someone please help me of any good IT recruitment agencies out there in malaysia that i can talk to or send my CV to or if you know anyone looking for professional IT manager.

thank you,
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Re: i want to live and work in malaysia - HELP !

if you get any information let me know too
Many thanks
Firefox
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
The Flying Anglo-Dutchman

Bikbergen is an unknown quantity at this point

PR in Malaysia is very hard to get, but Malaysia does have the MM2H (Malaysia My Second Home) scheme to attract foreign investment in to Malaysia, this does allow you to live and under certain circumstances work there.

There is a website that is run by an Englishman check out the following website, MM2Hdotcom (I can't refer to a direct link on here)

All the info you require is on there.

Just so you know the MM2H visa scheme requires foreigners to deposit a substantial amount of money to be deposited in a bank account in Malaysia.

I hope this helps!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

emea is an unknown quantity at this point

this is great stuff ..thank you
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

susanmcorless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emea
can someone please help me , i am a very successful IT manager and very keen on relocating to malaysia, can someone please help me of any good IT recruitment agencies out there in malaysia that i can talk to or send my CV to or if you know anyone looking for professional IT manager.

thank you,

Hi emea,

My partner and myself are hoping to move to Malaysia next year (to Langkawi) I am trying to work out all the legal requirements so we can plan the move, we've discounted the my second home programme because it says that you are unable to work under the programme. But someone here says that its a possibility....

Can I ask whether you've made your move and what Visa's etc you got?

Thanks!
Susan
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:25 am

Hi Susan,

It's very difficult for foreigners to move to, live and work in Malaysia.

However, if you are planning on creating a business in Malaysia and invest a certain amount of money then there are possibilities.

If you plan to just work in Malaysia then your best channces are to be employed by a large multinational company that has offices in Malaysia.

There is unemployment in Malaysia and you will find it impssoible to compete with a Malaysian in the job market.

if you are really serious about moving and living in Malaysia then creating a business there is your best option.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i want to live and work in Malaysia - HELP !

I am also interested in moving, at least for a year, to Malaysia. I am a senior architect for IT/Telecoms. What types of business I can do in Malaysia?
Appreciate any help I could get. I just want to try something new ..

Thanks in advance.
Old May 26th 2010, 12:01 pm

Malaysian Immigration would be your biggest problem, getting in to the country, legally, to work or start a business is very difficult.
There are options for entrepreneurs to start a business in Malaysia but you would need some serious capital behind you.
Any kind of business is welcome but I would imagine that High Tech would be very favourable.
I'm afraid you'll have to do some serious research on this.