How's the dating scene?

Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:31 am
Just Joined

lastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nice
Default How's the dating scene?

I'm a 30 year old woman from the UK. Is the expat dating scene lively? Clickish? Non-existent?
Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's the dating scene?

I think the answer is 'it all depends'.
On where in Malaysia and on you.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

lastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nice

Originally Posted by ex reg
I think the answer is 'it all depends'.
On where in Malaysia and on you.
Wherever in Malaysia is best. I'm pretty ugly to be honest.

Is it vibrant, dynamic, and robust like HK and Singapore?

Last edited by lastresort; Oct 12th 2010 at 1:42 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine that with the excess of Muslim women (who can't do sex before marriage) lots of Malaysian guys are on the lookout for foreign women so somewhere like KL should be okay for you. I think the Indian guys, especially, will be all over you. I do know that the nightlife does not start going until around midnight so hope you are a night person.

Bali and Phnom Penh are supposed to be really good for foreign women looking for men, too, so you can always do a cheap AirAsia flight out to there and take someone back to KL on an Asean visa for a few weeks.

There also seems to be quite a lot of African guys wandering around KL if you are into them.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britishbull
I would imagine that with the excess of Muslim women (who can't do sex before marriage) lots of Malaysian guys are on the lookout for foreign women so somewhere like KL should be okay for you. I think the Indian guys, especially, will be all over you. I do know that the nightlife does not start going until around midnight so hope you are a night person.

Bali and Phnom Penh are supposed to be really good for foreign women looking for men, too, so you can always do a cheap AirAsia flight out to there and take someone back to KL on an Asean visa for a few weeks.

There also seems to be quite a lot of African guys wandering around KL if you are into them.
LOL. I'm looking for other expat professionals.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:11 am
Just Joined

natk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lastresort
I'm a 30 year old woman from the UK. Is the expat dating scene lively? Clickish? Non-existent?
Pretty lively. Just get to know the right ppl.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future

Expat dating scene is great if you are single and male but not too hot if you are female and unattractive.

Mind you, I really am not qualified to give you an answer as I haven't been single for ages. However, I am going only by the experience of my daughter who is around your age, just a tad younger.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

adza is an unknown quantity at this point

There are lots of guys out here who i know who still prefer western ladies. There is a website asiandating.com u can sign up to. Get urself to KL, Changkat Bukit Bintang in the bars you will soon make friends. Im here now u can PM me ur personal email address if u like and maybe introduce you to some of my 30yr old english/european mates, always on look out for new friends out here!! What work u gonna be doin??