Hello one and all

Old Nov 9th 2015, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

passportboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello one and all

Originally Posted by ex reg

That has to be a joke doesn't it.
I think £260 is okay if my passport is valid for 10 years.
But Malaysian passports are only valid for 5 years!
Still cannot visit Israel.

Originally Posted by bigwoofa

skyscanner
Thanks I use Trailfinders. I will compare both in the future.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

You can also try this.

Matrix - ITA Software by Google

We've found it always has the lowest fares but does not always include budget airlines.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

You can also try this.

Matrix - ITA Software by Google

We've found it always has the lowest fares but does not always include budget airlines.
I just tried it but it doesn't show Air Asia, which I'm using for my travel between Japan and Malaysia.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

£260 if apply by post

£660 if apply in person.

That has to be a joke doesn't it.
Thats Eton college boy ideas.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

passportboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Google has everything!
Google knows me better than I know myself?!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

bigwoofa is an unknown quantity at this point

update, haven't been checking my application status, as been busy over Christmas and NY.

but just found out my status is "Approved" and has been since 29/12/16, so guess I will get a letter confirming this some time soon and will need to arrange trip to Penang within 6 months to open bank account and then to KL thereafter.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by passportboy
Hi bigwoofa,

I also keep my Malaysian passport and I have the UK Permanent Residence sticker in my previous passport. My current passport is going to expire in 6 months so I have to renew my passport soon. But I am not sure if I have to carry and show the UK Immigration all THREE (old, current, new) of my passports each time I re-enter the country.

Please can you ask your wife whether I can just show the immigration officer my old passport with the PR sticker, together with my newest passport, ignoring all the intermediate passports.

Or should I apply for a visa transfer (https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa) £260(?) which is a lot of money!

Any advice would be appreciated.
update on residence sticker, found out that you now need a Biometric Card and can be applied by downloading an application form from the Home Office and sending off with your passports.
Having done this and received a response to go to post office to go finger print and digital photo, now my wife is waiting for passport to be returned.
This has caused us some problems as found out that passport could take up to 6 months to be returned and had to cancelled my wife flight out of UK (she is trapped for the time being) and if you asked for passport back you will need to start all over again.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 7:27 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

but just found out my status is "Approved" and has been since 29/12/16,
CONGRATULATIONS !!

Old Jan 16th 2016, 8:39 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

update, haven't been checking my application status, as been busy over Christmas and NY.

but just found out my status is "Approved" and has been since 29/12/16, so guess I will get a letter confirming this some time soon and will need to arrange trip to Penang within 6 months to open bank account and then to KL thereafter.
Congratulations, bigwoofa! And what are you going to do until 29 December 2016?
Old Jan 16th 2016, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, meant 2015 of course.
Moral of the story, never post after 16 pints!!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 12:53 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, meant 2015 of course.
Moral of the story, never post after 16 pints!!
Old Jan 18th 2016, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
You don't need to come to Penang only to open a bank account. You can also open it while you are in KL and modify your address after you've moved to your final destination. This worked for me.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hello one and all

Thank you SF, will consider this.