Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Have the otter family in SQ marina relocated?

Have the otter family in SQ marina relocated?

Old Dec 31st 2015, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

TousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have the otter family in SQ marina relocated?

If you are one of the many who frequent the Straits Quay area & keep a look out for the otter family residing under the lighthouse then they may have moved. I was out just after sun up this morning, new years eve, & they were active with mother taking her young around the marina. About 40 minutes later I am walking back along the path towards the marina & I bump into the family swimming along the shore. They come ashore & scramble among the rocks & then disappear into what I assume is a new den. Either mum is being super smart & it is a temporary relocation to avoid the new years eve noise & fireworks. Or, more likely, they are fed up with the noise of the construction, I am sure we can all relate, & have relocated from the comparative safety of SQ marina into monitor lizard way. I hope the pup is going to be safe.

https://goo.gl/photos/AuD4o6umphjuweyU6

I have put the whole story in a google photos album as well, as I am struggling massively with uploading photos to the site, which you can add images & comments to if you desire.
https://goo.gl/photos/UPAXPQMHuKUpC5BG7

Have a fabulous new year
Old Jan 5th 2016, 8:20 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have the otter family in SQ marina relocated?

According to Skipper Shane of the Vega, currently located at Straits Quay, they are still there. Some fab pics of a little baby otter here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...=3&pnref=story
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

TousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond reputeTousTnT has a reputation beyond repute

I heard them squeeking away under the lighthouse back at their original den a couple of nights ago. It looks like mum was being super smart & just temporarily relocating down the shoreline to escape the new year festivities.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

They're really lovely
Old Jan 16th 2016, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

steveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond repute

2 days ago during our evening walk in front of Quayside, we first heard them and then saw their heads.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Yes, they are still there. The guys from the Vega rescued the third pup which had been abandoned & I think they took it with them. More photos & info on their facebook page.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 4:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I follow the journeys of the Historic Vessel Vega .

Wonderful photos of them releasing the poorly third pup brought back to health.

I've managed to share this on the BritishExpats Facebook page . Hopefully that will help reach more people.