Hairdressers

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

whybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nice
Default Hairdressers

Can anybody recommend a good reasonably priced hairdresser at all? I'm new to KL and need my hair cutting and colouring.

I live in Subang at the moment but I'm happy to travel to places such as Bangsar/KLCC.

Many Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all
Default Re: Hairdressers

Hi whybirda

I've just been through this desperate search to get my hair cut and highlighted!! Haven't changed hairdressers successfully for almost a decade...

I ended up plumping for a salon called ISH in Bangsar Baru (on Jalan Telawi) which appears to be super-famous among the ex pat community. Don't know if it's a justified reputation but certainly the cut was good, the blow dry was one of the best I've ever had done, and it only cost me 70rm, which seems to be a decent deal from what I could tell...

Re highlights, the stylist was encouraging that he could get a good match for my colour (as was the stylist at A Cut Above in Bangsar Shopping Centre), but I chickened out and waited for a UK trip to visit my old stylist for the colour. Prices quoted for a full head of highlights were about 350 at ISH and 400 at A Cut Above (from memory) but they all say these are approximate prices depending on how grown-out your roots are and therefore how much colour they need to use. That seems to be about average, but I still think it's an awful lot - I got it done cheaper back in the UK (outside London, though).

Good luck - if you find anywhere you like please do advise!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 12:44 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

I also go to Ish for highlights and cuts. Happy with both.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

whybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nice

Thanks LivKL, Ish have sent me a price list and yes I agree that a cut and blow dry seems quite reasonable but the colours and highlights are on the very steep side, certainly a lot more expensive than the UK, and a lot more than I usually pay.

Unfortunately I can't wait until I go back to the UK for the colour doing as I have to get my roots done at least once every 8 weeks due to a lot of grey hairs now

Anyway I may give Ish a go and see what they're like.

Thanks for your help
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:04 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

If either of you happen to be a member of the ABWM they will give you a 10% discount. It all helps! You can also book to have a mani/pedi done at the same time
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief.... if anyone is visiting Penang, better save your haircut for up here. I only pay RM 26 for cut, serious wash*, and blow-dry.

*You know, when they drizzle the shampoo on your head while in the chair, then massage your brains out before finishing off at the sink.