Flights & Flying

Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:11 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights & Flying

I've noticed in Singlish (Silk Air, SQ) it's..... We will be lending shottly.

Just an observation.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:35 pm
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I've noticed in Singlish (Silk Air, SQ) it's..... We will be lending shottly.

Just an observation.
If you listen carefully, Asian airlines flight announcements can be quite entertaining. On a recent flight, I found the flight attendant rather difficult to follow, but I think I got the gist. Her announcement went something like this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on bore Fright GH623. We are froth in-line for tak-off and expect to be in the air shorty.

We werry sorry for delay. The mashin that tears handles off suit cases has bloken down, and now being done manly.

Please fasten your sit-bell at this time, and secor all baggage underneath your sit. Under where? If you feeling uncomforble, you pobably sitting on your sit-bell.

We also ask that your sits and table tays are in upright polition for take off. Smoking is pohibited for the donation of this fright. If court, you will be fine, and subject to in piss on men.

If you wish to smoke, please go out sigh. If you can light it, smoke it can OK. Film today is Gone with the Win.

We will be dinning the cabin lights shorty. Pushing the butt on with picture of light bub, will turn the light bub on; but pushing the butt on with picture of the fright at-ten-ten, will not turn the fright at-ten-ten on.

Please take minute to look at the exit closet to you. Your nearest exit may bee shine you. Shud the cabin experien sudden peso loss, stay calm. Lissen for in stuck-ons from cabin coo. Oxylen masks will drop down from above your sit. Place the mask over your muff and nose.

If you travelling with chill den, make sure your own mask on first, then help your chill den. If you have more one chill den, now is good time to dee side, which one most po-pencil for maintain your retire men.

In the unlucky even of an emergency land ding and evacuation, please lift your carry-on items bee shine you. Life vests are located under your sits, and emergency lighting will lid you to your closet exit, and side.

If water landing, your sit cushion will serve as your fotation de-lice. Side your arms through the straps and paddle, paddle. After paddle paddle to safey, you can kip your sit cushion as gift from Far Least Airlines.

Ladies and Gentlemen, when we lan, please be careful with overhead con- par men. Not allow the tings fall on your head. As you no, shift happens.

Thank you for frying Far Least Airlines, we no you have a choice of airline. Act Cooly no you don't, we only one frying this route".

Then again, I had had a bit to drink, and am a bit deaf. So it might just be me.

JC3

Last edited by JC3; Mar 18th 2016 at 8:27 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

@JC3 post #122
hahaha....very funny...I think I was on that same flight and the F/A offered me a 'grass of gleyhilltlamminur whine'.

When Qantas had only male attendants (mostly Gay) their favorite trick was to lean across a guy, smile, and say to his girl friend/wife "Liquers madam?"
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:16 pm
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
@JC3 post #122
I think I was on that same flight and the F/A offered me a 'grass of gleyhilltlamminur whine'.

When Qantas had only male attendants (mostly Gay) their favorite trick was to lean across a guy, smile, and say to his girl friend/wife "Liquers madam?"
Ha Ha Brilliant. Must be the same flight. You were lucky Davita.
I had the other F/A. She proffered me a "grass of goatsextramanure".

Extravagantly musky, scents of roses and lychees spiced with ginger, while in the mouth erring on the expansive, the billowing, the viscous. (Apparently).

I think I'd better stop there.

JC3

Last edited by JC3; Mar 18th 2016 at 9:31 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JC3
Extravagantly musky, scents of roses and lychees spiced with ginger, while in the mouth erring on the expansive, the billowing, the viscous. (Apparently).
JC3
Same wine...clearly that airline cheats and lies.....trying to suggest it has an expansive wine list!

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Mar 19th 2016 at 1:20 am. Reason: Messed up quote - please use the preview function before posting!
Old Mar 19th 2016, 3:39 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JC3
Guilty.
"Ladies and gentlemen we will be landing shortly...
Whoa, big fella, whoa!"

JC747
JC3 is being too modest as usual. Here is his impersonation of an overflying 747 which I recorded on my phone a little while ago:-
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
JC3 747 Impersonation.mp3 (163.1 KB, 81 views)
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's fantastic!!!

Can you do 777s?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to find some local competitors to expedia, ebookers... and got into that one: MY.PYOTravel.com: Airline Tickets, Hotels, Vacations Packages, & Land Tours

Suprisingly the find cheaper fares and they dont collect bookings fees if you pay by CIMB clicks, Maybank2u...

I will give them a try.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by eCdD
I tried to find some local competitors to expedia, ebookers... and got into that one: MY.PYOTravel.com: Airline Tickets, Hotels, Vacations Packages, & Land Tours

Suprisingly the find cheaper fares and they dont collect bookings fees if you pay by CIMB clicks, Maybank2u...

I will give them a try.
Do post back if you find them OK, won't you.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 9:00 pm

Rayani Air has suspended operations. They didn't last long.
Rayani Air suspends operations with immediate effect - Nation | The Star Online
Old Apr 14th 2016, 3:21 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting at KL to board an Emirates A380, it's sad to see 2 of Malaysia Airline's A380's sitting on the apron. They have been there for over 6 months. Strange they can't find a use for them.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Waiting at KL to board an Emirates A380, it's sad to see 2 of Malaysia Airline's A380's sitting on the apron. They have been there for over 6 months. Strange they can't find a use for them.
Not too strange IVV...sadly the A380 has been a bit of a commercial bust...see this link...
Airbus A380 at 10 years: Does it have a future? - CNN.com

There isn't a market for it but who can foretell the future.
What is strange, at least to me, is aircraft have been flying the same speed, actually slower, since I first flew on large jets (VC10) in the 60's.
Why the Concorde was never developed alludes me. Just maybe it was because the Americans scrapped their SST (Supersonic Transport) and couldn't allow the Europeans to have something they didn't...therefore SST went on the back-burner.... and is still there today.
If they had collaborated methinks we'd all be flying at whooosh speeds.

Never been on an A380...gotta try that....must be like a cruise ship...
Old Apr 14th 2016, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita

Never been on an A380...gotta try that....must be like a cruise ship...
IMO the 380 inside is no different from any other aircraft.
Legroom the same.
Toilets the same size.
You'd never know the difference.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ex reg
IMO the 380 inside is no different from any other aircraft.
Legroom the same.
Toilets the same size.
You'd never know the difference.
I was on a SQ flight (380-800) and some of the toilets are bigger in size. No idea why.

Apart from that, yep you don't notice much difference. Same old legroom in cattle class. Lot of people though
Old Apr 14th 2016, 1:55 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Quieter though, otherwise same, same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.