Reload this Page >

Finding a rental apt Port Dickson area

Finding a rental apt Port Dickson area

Old Oct 4th 2011, 12:57 am
Just Joined

medic484 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding a rental apt Port Dickson area

Greetings,
I'm moving to Maylaysia for work and will be in Port Dickson mostly, whats the apartment situation look like there? I can't get a good picture from here through google, just a place to start out. Hope thats not to broad a question.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a rental apt Port Dickson area

Hey Medic, welcome to BE I've never been to Port Dickson. I think Mudah website is supposed to be quite good for accommodation. I just googled mudah port dickson, and a few links came up.

When are you moving out here?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

skyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Port Dickson (or PD as it is commnly referred to among locals) is relatively quiet and the people of PD practice a rather laid-back lifestyle, although it could get busy on weekends and during festive/holiday season, since there are many beach resorts and hotels.

<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Nov 10th 2011 at 12:20 pm. Reason: Please could you stick your ad in our Free Classifieds as we don't allow for sale/for rent ads in the forum. Many thanks
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome skyhigh to BE. It's nice to hear about PD. I've not been there yet but friends like it.

I'm not sure however that you should be advertising in the main forum. You may not be aware that there is a Classifieds section on BE. Check out on the blue banner at the top of this page.

Anyway, I'll refer your post to the Mods to "snip" as is appropriate.

Hope you'll tell us a bit more about PD though. Are you actually living there now? How long have you been there?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

skyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant futureskyhigh has a brilliant future

Hi Bakedbean,

Thank you for chipping in. Yes, I will consider making use of the Classifieds section in just a bit. As of now, I hope that any one of you guys would consider my condo unit. I am also open to daily rentals.

Port Dickson has been home to me for some 2 years, while I was attached to Shell Malaysia, an oil and gas company. Port Dickson was rather quiet even in year 2009. It is only of late, that things have appeared to take a little upward turn. There is now a good Mexican restaurant over there (El Cactus), the fabulous Thistle, and just this month, the people of Port Dickson will be welcoming its first ever Korean restaurant!

I am currently between jobs and may leave Port Dickson, and head back to Kuala Lumpur. I will definitely take that 1 1/2 hour drive to Port Dickson for the weekend, enjoy great seafood and drop by my condo

The other activity which you may consider taking up in Port Dickson is sailing. Sometime in April 2011, I went out to sea on a yacht owned by Asian Yachtmasters (based in Port Dickson and managed by Capt. Marty Welch, an Australian skipper). Oh what a great experience!!!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 1:04 am

It sounds like a real nice place. Will have to visit one of these days. I'll put it on my ever growing list of places to check out.

No interest in the condo I'm afraid. We've already bought our home in Penang and I'm happy with that. I like a bit of hustle and bustle myself. Quiet places I save for holidays these days.

We've got quite a lot of KL residents on this forum, so do join in with any discussions. The more info, the better
Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Sorry skyhigh. Dont want to dampen enthusiasm, but PD was my haunt back in the late 70's, when the Port Dickson Yacht Club hummed with fleets up to 20 on a Sunday, lovely beaches, great places to stay and was plain fun. All I see today is a total lack of planning, never ending half built gone bust get rich quick schemes, rubbish and a total lack of maintenance generally...but at least a great road down from Seremban. For mine there are many other unspoilt coastal areas in the country.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Strider24
For mine there are many other unspoilt coastal areas in the country.
I'd love a list when you've got time please. Think I'll start a new thread
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

You could pick almost anywhere on the east coast for beautiful beaches without the vandalism that has been done to Port Dickson.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Hi bakedbean & strider,

I agree on the east coast, just that it would not be advisable to visit the east coast at this point in time, in view of the ongoing monsoon season.

Port Dickson - try a night or two at Thistle, its really lovely! Very private, good expat crowd and friendly staff too!
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

memphis27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting a property agent would help.