Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Old Aug 5th 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Originally Posted by ex reg
As you probably know there's a great difference in prices there.
What sort of price are you looking at?
Haven't really set a budget, want nice rather than cheap!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Strider24
Had a job in Port Douglas a couple of years, in between work, snorkeling, walking miles of pristine beaches...it was hell I tell you. Its why Malaysian beaches don't excite me very much.
Ah! Port Douglas..............my dream retirement home. Sadly could never afford it!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joamelie
Haven't really set a budget, want nice rather than cheap!
Well the Damai was nice a few years ago.
The new Sheraton and maybe google a few others and then ask about them on here.

The Pelangi Beach Resort used to be nice oh, what was it 20 years ago.
The Commonwealth Prime Minister's conference was held there and we used to like the villa type accommodation.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at Casa del Mar a few years ago and it was lovely. On the beach but had a nice pool also. Singapore run so quite efficient and very nice outside bar. Pelangi beach hotel just up the road. A bit cheaper I think and sometimes has online bargains.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Ah! Port Douglas..............my dream retirement home. Sadly could never afford it!
Have a look at current prices. market has crashed and places are at give away prices. I have a 2 bed apartment near town and can't sell even with over 30% off.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:18 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

There you go Jim. Sounds like Strider might have a bargain for you

By the way, note to Strider and anyone else trying to flog a property, BE has a Classifieds section where you can advertise your property for Free, my life. And this is a Huge forum, so get your ads in.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Strider24
Have a look at current prices. market has crashed and places are at give away prices. I have a 2 bed apartment near town and can't sell even with over 30% off.
Haven't checked to be honest, but very surprised at your comments. I thought Aussie was a boom town, but obviously not the case. Sorry can't take the apartment off you, still contemplating Penang, along with my other home in Tianjin!

However with the stock markets in free fall maybe I will have to work on until I get dumped!!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bakedbean
There you go Jim. Sounds like Strider might have a bargain for you

By the way, note to Strider and anyone else trying to flog a property, BE has a Classifieds section where you can advertise your property for Free, my life. And this is a Huge forum, so get your ads in.

But I guess it hasn't worked for you with the one you are trying to unload??
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:02 am

Ya, fair point, tho we're getting a load of viewings at the moment. My guess is that a lot of folks with Euros are looking to park their hard earned cash elsewhere. Strange times we are living in.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Ya, fair point, tho we're getting a load of viewings at the moment. My guess is that a lot of folks with Euros are looking to park their hard earned cash elsewhere. Strange times we are living in.
Good luck! Now maybe the time!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:52 am
Just Joined

bryannn is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay, the Northeast monsoon is on its last legs; the rains have eased, the seas are settling and the sun's gaining confidence. Time to breathe new life into this thread.

A sentence with "great beaches" and "Malaysia" shouldn't be without the words "Pulau Tengah". I don't mean the Tengah up by Terengganu, by the way. I'm referring to that little pearl of an isle just 15 clicks off Mersing.

You've probably all seen it repeatedly, and marveled at it openly, without realizing it's Tengah, because it's the very island of that perennial "Robinson" survival series.

Stunning white powdered sugar beaches, gin-clear turquoise seawater and an emerald jungle backdrop. Simply stunning and just a 30 minute ferry ride from Mersing.

Other breathtaking beaches: Seri Buat, Permanggil and Dayang.

Tioman, eat your heart out.