Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

To be honest found the beaches to the North in Thailand found superior to most anything Malaysia can offer.

Batu Ferringhi,in Penang often hailed as the main tourist beach on the island always found a rather wanting.
Indeed many a time in the past the sea water looked quite polluted. Many tourists would prefer to use their Hotels swimming pools.

Has the beach cleaned up it's act in recent times,I wonder?

We had poor beaches in Malacca and sometimes would go to Port Dickson,popular with KL folk and tended to be very busy on weekends and public holidays,but not really a beach of much note.

East Coast had the nicest,if few swimmers but rather dirty beaches in places.
Recall in Kelantan,getting a bus to a rather distant beach called"The Beach of Passionate Love" but it totally failed to live up to it's rather assuming name.

Guess Tioman Island would have been the best i've been to but think that is more the whole package together.

Still a few islands in the north yet to visit. Anyone have any favourite beaches to share?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Malaysian Beach/Resort

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
East Coast had the nicest,
Club Med Cherating Beach
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:14 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Has the beach cleaned up it's act in recent times,I wonder?
From an article in The Star Online in January 2011
North-east district land office will put up billboards at Batu Ferringhi to inform the public that horse riding and beach buggies (all-terrain vehicle) are now banned activities at the beach.
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...2329&sec=north

From today's The Star Online
Girl in hospital after horse hits her at Batu Ferringhi beach
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...031&sec=nation

Not exactly about the state of the beach, but you get the picture.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
From an article in The Star Online in January 2011
North-east district land office will put up billboards at Batu Ferringhi to inform the public that horse riding and beach buggies (all-terrain vehicle) are now banned activities at the beach.
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...2329&sec=north

From today's The Star Online
Girl in hospital after horse hits her at Batu Ferringhi beach
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...031&sec=nation

Not exactly about the state of the beach, but you get the picture.
Just thought about some of the Malay beach boys that used to pray on foreign girls on Batu Ferringhi.
Some of them were close to head cases being very quick to anger. But they were part and parcel of the beach scene.
Possible beach crew there now are a bit tamer?

Place seemed so built up the last time I was there. Telok Bahang,to a lesser extent likewise I expect.
The hotel altered the kampung there for all time. Though not seen it since it was built.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Best beaches are in OZ, but a favourite Malaysian beach is Nipah Bay on Pangkor
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Best beaches are in OZ, but a favourite Malaysian beach is Nipah Bay on Pangkor
Been to Pankor but unsure about Nipah Bay(it that I don't Recall it)
Agree Aussie beaches are the best in this part of the world. In fact the only place that equals it is South Africa,where i've been to.

Although have never been to the Pacific Islands nor Brasil which are supposed to be pretty nice.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Teluk Nipah is a lovely little beach in the west side of Pangkor and is in 2 parts. The northern part is nice with a little temple on the northern hill and a small island, Pulau Giam just offshore in the bay
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Perheritian Islands off the East Coast have heard are basic but good by a couple of backpackers on different occassions.
One is more developed while other rather basic. Would need to go when the monsoon season has passed though as it is quite a long boat trip.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I haven't tried those islands, but the islands around Tioman are a sailors paradise and some superb beaches as well. Even the water is generally clear if fishing boats stay clear with their trails of rubbish.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
I haven't tried those islands, but the islands around Tioman are a sailors paradise and some superb beaches as well. Even the water is generally clear if fishing boats stay clear with their trails of rubbish.
Do you watch the Monsoon Cup in Terengganu when it's on the TV?
Great racing there.
Must go one year.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bit off subject, but next year hope to go over and watch the cup. Otherwise I like to flog a poor little 26 footer around Pt Klang or races up the Straits.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:32 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

What time of year do they hold that? (Need a Monsoon Cup thread, heh heh ) Talking of monsoon, it's absolutely chucking it down here.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Here is a link to all the news on Monsoon Cup 2011. http://www.monsooncup.com.my/
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Claudia1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Amazing beaches north of Cairns. Broadly concur with you troubadour about Penang beaches - pretty tardy & so much rubbish/filth.

Claudia

Just thought about some of the Malay beach boys that used to pray on foreign girls on Batu Ferringhi.
Some of them were close to head cases being very quick to anger. But they were part and parcel of the beach scene.
Possible beach crew there now are a bit tamer?

Place seemed so built up the last time I was there. Telok Bahang,to a lesser extent likewise I expect.
The hotel altered the kampung there for all time. Though not seen it since it was built.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Had a job in Port Douglas a couple of years, in between work, snorkeling, walking miles of pristine beaches...it was hell I tell you. Its why Malaysian beaches don't excite me very much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.