Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Ex-malaysians for Malaysia MM2H program

Ex-malaysians for Malaysia MM2H program

Old Apr 10th 2021, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

marssie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex-malaysians for Malaysia MM2H program

Is there any ex-malaysian here applied for mm2h before? What was your experience, has it been approved?

A credible source advised that Residence Pass submitted by ex-malaysians has never been approved for any applicant so far, at least in the last few years. I can understand the government's sentiment on this, especially applications from non-bumiputra. I am wondering if MM2H program a better route? Has any ex- Malaysian has any experience here before?

I also read somewhere that Malaysia has largely rejected MM2H applications which were submitted in end of 2019, without a reason. Anyone has any insights on this?

Also does anyone knows any MM2H agent in Malaysia that operates on no-cure-no-pay basis?
Old Apr 11th 2021, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex-malaysians for Malaysia MM2H program

You are aware that the entire MM2H program is on hold? All pending applications were sent back to the applicants. The government is considering how to proceed with this program. When it will be restarted it will most likely be with a new set of rules and requirements. It is unknown when MM2H will restart and what the new requirements will be.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

I am aware that the program is on hold and following the status of program resumption.

Has anyone had experience with Residence Pass or MM2H application before? Appreciate your insights.

Last edited by marssie; Apr 11th 2021 at 3:18 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Auschman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined to.say that I (ex Malaysian) was approved in one of the last batches before the programme was stopped. I however had not as yet picked up the approval letter due to Covid 19. Interested to know more about residence pass.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Auschman
Just joined to.say that I (ex Malaysian) was approved in one of the last batches before the programme was stopped. I however had not as yet picked up the approval letter due to Covid 19. Interested to know more about residence pass.
Congratulations on the approval you obtained. May I ask whether you submitted the application by yourself or via an agency? What was your experience throughout the process with any of these routes? And do you happened to know any agency that offers no cure no pay service? The reasons is because it seems quite unpredictable, frequent change of requirements, sudden program suspension etc. I have enquired an agency which says the service fee would be around MYR10k.

I can tell a bit about Residence Pass. It is quite straight forward in terms of documents required. It is offered to a few categories of people, including ex-Malaysians. A local sponsor is needed but that can be anybody above 21 years old, it's just paper work. There is no financial requirements. The RP is only valid for an individual, not for partner or family. You can work and set up business in Malaysia. However I have heard zero approval for ex-Malaysians.

Last edited by marssie; Apr 13th 2021 at 4:50 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

I did it myself and did not use an agent. I found a lot of useful hints in this forum and overall the process was quite easy. The staff I had contact with were friendly and helpful but not all spoke English. Sorry don’t know any agents but happy to answer any questions if you pm me.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Auschman
I did it myself and did not use an agent. I found a lot of useful hints in this forum and overall the process was quite easy. The staff I had contact with were friendly and helpful but not all spoke English. Sorry don’t know any agents but happy to answer any questions if you pm me.
Thanks for your reply. How long does it took the end-to end process from submission to approval? I understand that via agency submission can be done from overseas. To submit application by myself do I need to be physically present in Malaysia?
Old Apr 15th 2021, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Took about 8 months from submission to approval. Probably would have been quicker but I had to resend one document and it was approved 2 months later. I applied from overseas and sent everything by courier.