Reload this Page >

Engineering Jobs in Malaysia

Engineering Jobs in Malaysia

Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Zinc09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering Jobs in Malaysia

Hi,

I'm a project manager for an automotive engineering company in the UK. My partner is Malaysian and we're keen to move to KL so she can be with her family but I'm finding it difficult to find a suitable job (automotive or manufacturing engineering) and not sure where to start, especially as many of the engineering jobs that Google bring up are Oil & Gas related. I've also tried local recruitment agencies but a lot of them require me to already posses a work permit before applying.

I think it's only wise to secure a job offer in KL first before moving there - can anyone advise?

Many thanks
Dan
Old Nov 14th 2006, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Jobs in Malaysia

Originally Posted by Zinc09
Hi,

I'm a project manager for an automotive engineering company in the UK. My partner is Malaysian and we're keen to move to KL so she can be with her family but I'm finding it difficult to find a suitable job (automotive or manufacturing engineering) and not sure where to start, especially as many of the engineering jobs that Google bring up are Oil & Gas related. I've also tried local recruitment agencies but a lot of them require me to already posses a work permit before applying.

I think it's only wise to secure a job offer in KL first before moving there - can anyone advise?

Many thanks
Dan
Bit chicken egg that.

You might want to try a visit to KL and then see what the visa people there say to you personally rather than ask in the UK.
Being as you are married to a Malaysian you might find getting a visa quite straight forward and once you have submitted your application you can return to UK until your application is approved.

When in KL checking your visa you can also check job direct with employers or the agencies.

Always better than by email.

Have you tried www.railpersonnel.com (hope that url is OK with this site's admin.)
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

rizwan_fareed will become famous soon enough

Are you worried by the low pay or is this pay OK in your field of work?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Zinc09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rizwan_fareed
Are you worried by the low pay or is this pay OK in your field of work?

No, not worried about the pay, as long as its sufficient to live on in KL. I've been to KL many times and know the cost of living isn't as high as in the UK.

As for Visa, it's not as easy as that - not married yet! Which is why I wanted to get an expat job in KL with a guaranteed work permit before I move there, and thought this can be easily achieved from the UK.

Be interested to hear how some of you got expat jobs in KL? How did you go about it?