Reload this Page >

Driving from KLCC to ISKL

Driving from KLCC to ISKL

Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

movin2malaysia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving from KLCC to ISKL

Hi All,
We plan to live in KLCC and our son will probably go to ISKL in Taman Melawati. I am planning on dropping him to school everyday. How bad is the traffic ? From google maps it looks like it would be against the rush hour traffic, but I could be completely wrong.
Public transport will be a bit tricky as I will also have a baby with me :-)
Any suggestions ?
Regards.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Driving from KLCC to ISKL

If I use a taxi, how much would it cost for a return trip ?
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

whybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nice

I wouldn't even contemplate using public transport (buses) for the school runs, perhaps you could use a regular taxi service for it, or hire a driver to do it for you or there is the school bus service if they have one?. The other alternative as you said is driving yourself :-)))

At the moment I drive my kids to school, but they will be using the school bus service after Xmas as it's less hassle
Old Oct 26th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks whybirda
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

No matter what, you are going to need a GPS to get around. If you get a Garmin, ask to have mfm (Malaysia Free Maps) loaded as they tend to be more up to date.

Driving in KL is always a certain hassle, however getting to the school will be better than returning, when you will be with the traffic.

Usually there is either a school bus system or private school pickup and delivery service.

Cost seems to be in the RM200-500 an month every month no matter holidays or not.