Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Covid vaccinations for MM2H:ers

Covid vaccinations for MM2H:ers

Old Apr 16th 2021, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covid vaccinations for MM2H:ers

Vaccinations stage 2, for seniors and those with co-morbidities, will start within short and I read that some appointments have already been issued.

To help understanding whether qualifying foreigners are included in stage 2 or not, I kindly ask anyone here who has received or will receive his/her vaccination appointment to please post.
Old May 13th 2021, 2:21 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid vaccinations for MM2H:ers

My wife & I have yet to receive our vaccinations. However, our MM2H friends couple put their name on a standby list at their local vaccination centre a few days ago. The same day they received a call to report to the centre and received their inoculations as other people scheduled had failed to show up. So it may be worth checking with your local centre to see if they run a similar scheme. It's a very sensible use of vaccine that would otherwise be wasted.
Old May 13th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Scuba Tyke,
Thanks for the information, it is certainly something to consider.
Also, I just heard from friend (a MM2H:er in KL) that he registered for the 'first come, first served' option for the A-Z vaccine and got his first jab a few days later.
Old May 26th 2021, 4:25 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

My wife & I have now both received our first vaccinations, notified through 'MySejahtera' although at separate locations on separate days. She had the Pfizer variant, I have had the Sinovac. Unfortunately Sinovac has yet to be approved by the EU or UK for travel, hopefully it will be soon as I would really like to meet my latest grandchild!
As well as the 'MySejahtera' notification my wife also had SMS messages and a phone call to inform her of the appointment. I only had notification through the app, if I hadn't checked it the day before I would have missed the appointment.
Old May 26th 2021, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I wanted to sign up today for the voluntary AZ vaccine, for those below age 60. Unfortunately we were too late: it was already closed.
Old May 27th 2021, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scuba Tyke View Post
My wife & I have now both received our first vaccinations, notified through 'MySejahtera' although at separate locations on separate days. She had the Pfizer variant, I have had the Sinovac. Unfortunately Sinovac has yet to be approved by the EU or UK for travel, hopefully it will be soon as I would really like to meet my latest grandchild!
As well as the 'MySejahtera' notification my wife also had SMS messages and a phone call to inform her of the appointment. I only had notification through the app, if I hadn't checked it the day before I would have missed the appointment.
Hi Scuba Tyke,
Thanks for the feedback.
I guess you two were registered in the Mysejathera app separately?
We have registered together, my wife as dependent, in the hope of being called together.

Regarding travel, the for us most important issue is that we after having been vaccinated would be allowed to return to MY w/o problems.
I don't think that has been sorted out yet?

Last edited by Gunnar45; May 27th 2021 at 1:36 am.