British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   CIMB Preferred Acccount (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/cimb-preferred-acccount-917405/)

Foodi Sep 18th 2018 4:16 am

CIMB Preferred Acccount

Hi,
I was told that for a joint preferred account, only the principal card holder can have access to airport lounges, and even that only 4 times a year in Malaysia. Is that true?
Also, is this possible to transfer freely from one country to the other (e.g. between CIMB Malaysia and CIMB Singapore), the equivalent of HSBC Global Transfer?
Thanks.

eCdD Sep 19th 2018 1:48 am

Re: CIMB Preferred Acccount

No, also the dependent VISA card is eligable for the lounge. 4 times per card is correct for the infinite card, if you need more you need another type.

As I have never heard of overseas CIMB branches I don´t think they have this global transfer system.

Foodi Sep 19th 2018 3:20 am

Thanks eCdD for the info. Even CIMB staff are not very clear about airport lounges rule. They told me that some lounges do not accept the second card holder, but cannot say which ones. Anyway, do you know which card gives unlimited access to lounges to both cardholders?

CIMB has branches in a number of SEA countries and it would be nice if they allow free or at least discounted transfers between those.

balbykid Sep 19th 2018 6:33 am

My wife and I have been using our principal and additional cardholders card to enter lounges for a few years and have never once had a problem. It can be used up to four times per calendar year in Malaysia but its well worth noting that unlimited access is granted, in addition to this, when using lounges in countries where CIMB have branches. Use of these lounges does not count towards the four per year. There's a list of applicable countries / lounges on the CIMB Preferred website.

Gunnar45 Sep 19th 2018 6:40 am

If you meet the minimum investment requirement for joint preferred account holders, then you also both have individual 'preferred customer' or 'infinite' credit cards tied to that account. So no problem with the access to the lounges.
But for MY cards it is only four visits per year.

eCdD Sep 19th 2018 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Foodi (Post 12564917)
Thanks eCdD for the info. Even CIMB staff are not very clear about airport lounges rule. They told me that some lounges do not accept the second card holder, but cannot say which ones. Anyway, do you know which card gives unlimited access to lounges to both cardholders?

CIMB has branches in a number of SEA countries and it would be nice if they allow free or at least discounted transfers between those.

Yeah, I also had interest in opening a CIMB account in Singapore, but bank says cannot.

Don´t know the details of the other card but every receipt from lounge access says CIMB infinity 4 times access, CIMB private wealth something... 6 times access.

Foodi Sep 19th 2018 8:37 am

My RM just confirmed, for preferred customers, the only card available is infinity with 4 times access...