Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Can you get immunisations in KL?

Can you get immunisations in KL?

Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

JKLMAL14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you get immunisations in KL?

I'm sure it'll be worth it! I've got 7 months until I start mine, wish I was going sooner! Good luck and keep us posted : )
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Going totally off topic and all my fault but I think it's a great system EPF in Malaysia and CPF in Singapore...way to go
Yeah, sorry about it. Going off topic on the net is a serious crime!

Do expect the cost at KLCC to be more expensive than the clinics outside of KL. Afterall the rental there is expensive.

Shop around when you get here before deciding I guess.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:58 am
Just Joined

dattran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JKLMAL14
Hi DoriBea6,

The Twin towers medical centre in Kl quoted me prices for all jabs and you can just walk in without an appointment. They do the rabies jab but surprisingly although all the others were far cheaper than UK, rabies was quoted as 460MYR per dose.
Hi JKLMAL14

how much was quote for jab for yellow fever, typhoid and JE?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roystevenung
At the gov hospitals we Malaysian get it for free
roystevenung, do you know if its available to non-Malays? or how would one confirm this? Is there long wait time in public/gov hospital?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:58 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there and welcome to the forum

I know an expat who has used government hospitals in the past so, yes, it is possible. As a foreigner, you will have to pay but it will be (should be) cheaper than one of the private hospitals. Waiting? I have no idea. I wouldn't be at all surprised. Roy will probably know better.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks I contacted the twin towers medical centre klcc who have been a great help.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:43 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JKLMAL14
Hi DoriBea6,

The Twin towers medical centre in Kl quoted me prices for all jabs and you can just walk in without an appointment. They do the rabies jab but surprisingly although all the others were far cheaper than UK, rabies was quoted as 460MYR per dose.
In the UK, the rabies vaccination is not available on the NHS so you have to pay for a course, either at your GP surgery or a travel clinic. The price for the complete course of three doses ranges from £120 to £150. So the 460MYR price (about £85) you were quoted sounds reasonable by comparison.

JC3
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I think that £85 was per dose, whereas it's £55 per dose here in UK so think we are getting rabies here, saves a bit of money when calculated over a family of 3. Thanks for reply though : )
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Dattran, meant to say that JE was quoted at about £20 and you only need one dose. I didn't enquire about yellow fever as we don't need it.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Typhoid was 75RM.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

thank you all.

i shud have thought ahead and got shots when i was in Bangkok last year, easily the cheapest.

But KL is still good prices except for rabies lol