Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good visa agent for UK?Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good visa agent for UK?Hi all,

Old Oct 5th 2018, 3:31 am
Just Joined

KevinLyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can anyone recommend a good visa agent for UK?Hi all,

Hi all,

I'm a British citizen, and my (Japanese) wife and I got married last year in Japan, and subsequently moved to Malaysia for my work.
Now I have a new job starting in the UK and I need to get a visa so that my wife can come with me.
I am looking for recommendations of a good visa agent who can advise on the documents we need to attach and to help speed the process.
Also does my wife need to submit her passport for the entire process or can she travel while it is being processed?

All answers appreciated!

Kevin
Old Oct 5th 2018, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good visa agent for UK?Hi all,

It sounds like a "detour" but you might be better off searching for an agent in Japan, as they might be more familiar with the kind of documentation your Japanese wife needs. I doubt whether an agent in Malaysia knows how the procedure works for Japanese nationals, and how to handle your Japanese marriage certificate.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 7:14 am
Just Joined

hans8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good visa agent for UK?Hi all,

I'm not sure if you managed to find a visa agent yet, we were in a similar position applying in KL and looking for a agent or solicitor to help. However, after some research, mostly on the British visa section on this site, we decided to do it ourselves. It really wasn't that difficult as there were many helpful posts to guide us to the right paperwork. It's mostly a paperwork collecting exercise to show your relationship is genuine and you have the means to support your wife in the UK. It took a few weeks to get everything together, do the TB test and language test and then submit everything and the visa has now been issued. We applied on 31st Aug, did the biometrics a few days later, so it was less than 12 weeks to get the visa. Unless you have a complicated case or other issues, I would recommend you do it yourself. Also you will save yourself several thousand pounds! Good luck with your application!