Wikiposts

Banks in KL?

Old Sep 7th 2014, 1:51 am
Just Joined

UNMCPsych is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banks in KL?

Does anyone have any recommendations for banks in KL? Or ones to avoid. I don't want anything complicated - just a current account my salary will go into and the ability to set up standing orders for rent etc and lots of ATMs that would ideally be free.

I'm tempted to go for Maybank as they appear to have a big branch next to where I'm staying.....

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2014, 2:20 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks in KL?

Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm not in KL but I am in Malaysia. We've had bank accounts with Maybank, CIMB and Hong Leong. To be honest, experiences with Maybank have not been great. Despite being a large bank, it is very "local" in the way it operates.

CIMB are good and have loads of ATMs. The online banking is good.

We also like Hong Leong but not too many ATMs about, at least not in Penang.

Quite a few folks rate HSBC if you are going to be doing a lot of international bank transfers but, like Hong Leong, not too many ATMs.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

UNMCPsych is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banks in KL?

Thanks bakedbean!

Work so far has 2 recommendations for Maybank and one for HSBC.....

UNMCPSych