Anyone renting in KLCC?

Old Apr 14th 2015, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Twixy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone renting in KLCC?

Hi, I'm looking for more information on renting in Kuala Lumpur City Center. Does anyone currently rent in this area? If so can you give me an idea of prices and/or places you recommend staying?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone renting in KLCC?

We used to stay with a friend of mine he was in a company rental, right in the centre, its not cheap, you really need to define in your mind what you need in the way of bedrooms, size, pool etc, then having used Google Earth to find places then search the property web sites of which there are many.

The place we stayed was on Jalan Kia Peng rental then were about 10.k myr upwards, lovely place mind you so close to all the main shopping malls etc.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

SpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I've been renting a place with my partner since Feb. We are in a nice new tower block on Bukit Ceylon. We pay RM 2100 a month- it's a fully furnished studio apartment, high floor, with balcony- a hotel suite basically. all new and shiny, though dust coming can be a bit of an issue. Location for us is good as its very close to her job, and we can walk to the monorail in 5 mins and the shopping malls in 10.

EDIT, we were looking for a while, and 1800 was the cheapest we came across for a small place, and it didn't look good. We could have had this one for 2000/ month, but only for a 1 yr contract. I get the impression this building is largely vacant, though I might be wrong. Nice relaxing pool area half way up the building with sofas and tables etc, and a small but modern gym. Bills not included but we don't know what they will be yet. It is close to Jalan Changkat with all the noisy bars, which you can hear at night, though it hasn't stopped us sleeping. With just a fan on in the room, it helps a lot to dampen the outside noise.

As man from emas says, if you're looking for more bedrooms, then I have no idea, sorry..

Last edited by SpacialTomato; Apr 15th 2015 at 7:49 am.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

Wide variance depending on size and specific location. Suggest you try iproperty website which will soon give you an idea. Fair to say you get a lot less for your money than further afield. We pay 7,500 pcm for 1,700 sf 3 bedroom.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 6:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpacialTomato
Hi, I've been renting a place with my partner since Feb. We are in a nice new tower block on Bukit Ceylon. We pay RM 2100 a month- it's a fully furnished studio apartment, high floor, with balcony- a hotel suite basically. all new and shiny, though dust coming can be a bit of an issue. Location for us is good as its very close to her job, and we can walk to the monorail in 5 mins and the shopping malls in 10.
Just wondered how you're getting on in KL? Enjoying it?
Old Apr 14th 2016, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Be prepared for exorbitant prices. Most of the fancy places are taken by companies that pay the rent for their expat workers. But as Special Tomato said, you can get good stuff starting from 1800 to 2000 RM for more than a studio. Especially if you go a little bit east on Jalan Ampang (which then is not KLCC anymore).

The newly opened KLCC Summer Suites (Summer Suites | Summer Suites) had some good offers end of 2015.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Also consider whether you want a condo fully furnished or not. If it is fully furnished you may want to take a look whether you like the style of the furniture ....