Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Any good Montessori's or nurseries in mont kiara or Bangsar?

Any good Montessori's or nurseries in mont kiara or Bangsar?

Old Dec 30th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Nitelite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any good Montessori's or nurseries in mont kiara or Bangsar?

Hello everyone! Can anyone recommend any good Montessori ...how is the children's discovery house? Have heard mixed reviews....also which of it's branches is better?
Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:59 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good Montessori's or nurseries in mont kiara or Bangsar?

Hi Nitelite

Welcome to BE and the Malaysia forum.
Unfortunately I can't provide the answer to your question as I am normally found in the Goa and India forums, but just popping in here as our usual Malaysian concierge called Baked bean is away for a couple of days.
I am sure it won't be long before one of our resident expats in KL offers you the information you are looking for

That just leaves me to wish you all the very best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Jan 1st 2012, 5:59 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

My son attend CDH Bangsar for one year. It was OK, not great. A few of the teachers were good. There was a high staff turnover and communication between the school and parents was poor. No idea about the Mont Kiara branch except that its larger, with more play area. Something to remember about the education philosphy over here: they believe in pushing children academically feom a young age. Your child will start holding a pencil to write from 2 years onwards. Playtime is secondary and there is not the same sense of children learning through play as in the Western culture. By the end of the year I was very happy for my son to move onto an international school where there is a greater balance between play and 'formal' learning and as a consequence he is far happier. Keep in mind that few of these teachers at the local preschools have proper educational training and certainly not on a level with what yy'd have back at home.

My youngest is now attending Childrens House in Bansgar in their nursery group. So far we're happy with the school and they seem far better organised than CDH.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

My son and daughter went to the Children's House in Bangsar/Damansara Heights. I liked it - comprehensive reports were kept, they were organised and most importantly the kids enjoyed it.