Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Any advice about buying a House in Malaysia?

Any advice about buying a House in Malaysia?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:39 am
Just Joined

panicosnicolaou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice about buying a House in Malaysia?

Hi there,
I have been in Malaysia latetly and I have found a lovely project in Malaysia, which is actually inside the sea! Its actually a project in the Sepang area, which will include around 360 villas inside the sea, surrounded by many amenidies.
Does anyone has any experience regarding buying real estate in Malaysia?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: San Fernando, La Union, Illocos Sur, Luzon, Philippines
slowsmile is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any advice about buying a House in Malaysia?

Originally Posted by panicosnicolaou
Hi there,
I have been in Malaysia latetly and I have found a lovely project in Malaysia, which is actually inside the sea! Its actually a project in the Sepang area, which will include around 360 villas inside the sea, surrounded by many amenidies.
You can by a house or condo without problems as a foreigner in Malaysia.

...And before you get hooked on the above project, I would checkout Kota Kinabalu(KK) in Sabah Malaysia if I were you. This is a very modern town/city which is surrounded by beauty and is not too crowded. Lots of development going on. KK has beaches, natural unspoilt jungle, mountains, extinct volcanos and is a very modern and natural place. This place is not so widely known and there is alot of property development going on now, so it'll probably be quite cheap.

Worth a look maybe:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/547...eQLvXG?start=0

Good luck,

Bill
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

amienleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
If you are looking for that type of property, then you should not be facing any goverment restriction for the purchase... when you are buying the property, you will have to ask your solicitor to help you apply for Foreign Investment Council approval. Just that... as easy as 123...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough

What is the name of the developer and the resort.

Hi there,
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

the project should be the one located near to KLIA.. it is something like the palm island in Dubai, UAE. Hope that I am refering to the same project..
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough

Yes is the Golden Palm, I prefer the banyan, it is well located and with banyan each has its own private pool.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I used to drive down to Port Dickson from Kuala Lumpur for the afternoon and if you are going to buy property in Malaysia by the sea although Port Dickson is quite pleasant it is not the nicest place to buy property, I suppose it depends on what your budget is. To be perfectly honest I found Port Dickson a bit dirty
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

It will improve and the king of malaysia went to a development we work with there, it is interesting to see the people you work with walking with his royal highness, I am sure not all developments get the kings approval and visitation. that must be good news even if you think it is quite dirty.

The truth is it is a popular area for tourists etc, so there is a good investment there. Dirt can be cleaned and places will continue to prosper.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so and it generates work for the LOCAL population but it is surrounded by industry and there are so many other beautiful resorts and beaches in Malaysia. I lived in Malaysia for almost 5 years I know exactly what it is like with protocol etc
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Enlighten us with protocol etc.

Is this normal for the king to come to developments, or what do you implie by protocol etc.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Darren
Enlighten us with protocol etc.

Is this normal for the king to come to developments, or what do you implie by protocol etc.
It is very nice for the developers etc for The Agong to visit this development but not an every day occurence, why is this one so special? My opinion is my own and I would not want to invest in property in Port Dickson as I said previously it is too industrial with the oil terminal the beaches are not particularly nice or clean compared to others I have visited in Malaysia so I think we will agree to disagree.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi, surely it is normal that the Malaysians run Malaysia, and India and China control their own countries, each country has issues, i think Malaysia with its proximity to Singapore could become one of the other dynamic countries in the region. I am not an authority on Malaysia, so I welcome all peoples input.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

New laws were passed April 07 for purchasing property in Malaysia, I think these laws actually help its fledgling industry over the long term and the international investor. Each new market is a risk and you weight against returns.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

what is the new law that help the malaysian porperty?? the abolishment of FIC approval??
Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Darren
Hi, surely it is normal that the Malaysians run Malaysia, and India and China control their own countries, each country has issues, i think Malaysia with its proximity to Singapore could become one of the other dynamic countries in the region. I am not an authority on Malaysia, so I welcome all peoples input.
Glad to see you admit to not being an authority on Malaysia and I also see that you were posting on other sections of this great website and subsequently had the thread closed. Let people go and see for themselves the wonderful beauty of Malaysia and decide for themselves.

Bill thank you for showing the beauty that is Kota Kinabalu it brought back wonderful memories for me and my husband who spent time there working at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in KK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.