Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

parker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

You're like me then, some typos etc but then I'm not knocking anyone or any institutions.

This guy Nermodot rubbished ESL teachers, so it's fair game to look for a decent level of spelling in his posts. The friends that I have that are ESL teachers can spell.

The point is that this pratt can rubbish anything and when I call him on it, I have my comments deleted.

Double standards.

Last edited by parker-waterman; Mar 14th 2013 at 1:17 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

just fmi what is the spelling mistake???
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

so glad I lerrned to spel
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

parker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to all

It isn't a spelling mistake. It's ignorance of the difference between the words, "poor" and "pour" from someone who denigrates teachers of English as a Second Language.

Who gives a sod about punctuation and spelling. But if Nermodot sets himself up as the last word in teaching English Language but can't even distinguish between simple English words then the guy is a joke.

If the guy keeps his gob shut then OK, he can be as sloppy, or typo prone, as the rest of us. But the moron doesn't.

And then rubbishing the British Foreign Service for the sake of a cheap shot about checking the sun to make sure it's daytime. My friends work in the BFS, and they're not pleased. But they also have to refrain from posting on sites like this as a matter of policy.

Sue, instead of deleting fair comment why doesn't this site open an idiots board for the challenged like Nemodot to show what they're full of, and the rest of us can choose to ignore it ?

But it's also like explaining a joke, if you have to then . . .

Last edited by parker-waterman; Mar 14th 2013 at 3:49 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

wow really? ain't life too short for this?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Not for my friends in the British Foreign Service who aren't able to respond.

But if it's not to your taste then please ignore.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parker-waterman
It isn't a spelling mistake. It's ignorance of the difference between the words, "poor" and "pour" from someone who denigrates teachers of English as a Second Language.
Sorry I still don't get it.

And isn't it Sue's site.
She can do what she wants as far as I'm concerned.

I've had some finger wagging at me by a concierge once or twice but that's life on the internet.

Mind you Nemadot does appear to be similar to another poster on here a year or so ago whohad it in for anything Thai, iirc.

The great thing about this site is that posters are so helpful and there is very little bitterness but as I say it is the internet and it is Sue's site.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

She'll be along soon to delete. Make hay while she's sleeping.

Nothing matters to anyone if it doesn't matter.
Anonymous

Last edited by parker-waterman; Mar 14th 2013 at 4:01 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

no I still dont get it either

I hate geckos .

sorry,guess i'm not helping
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by parker-waterman
She'll be along soon to delete. Make hay while she's sleeping.

Anonymous
You're obviously not going to elaborate the mistake for me.

Anyone else care to?

No more from me on this.

Might make it look as if I'm trying to get at someone and I'm not.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

ditto that reg
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

You don't have to get it. It's not compulsory. What are you 2 guys doing, looking after the shack while Shem goes walkabout ? This is for my mates in the British Foreign Service, my friends who teach ESL, and directed at that wally Nemodot and being posted before Sue puts her size 12's into my goolies.

Last edited by parker-waterman; Mar 14th 2013 at 4:31 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg

Anyone else care to?

No more from me on this.
I think you can read it two ways, as the sentence is not correct and, yes, rather strange coming from someone who is supposed to be a teacher but.... hey ho....

I must admit I read it with an imaginary dot after the Poor you. Though it could also be read as Pour you (have) a drink. Folks just don't take care with their English these days.

The sentence was:
Poor you have a drink and get back to reality!
unquote
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:05 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg

I've had some finger wagging at me by a concierge once or twice but that's life on the internet.
Oy
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oy
Loooooook, if the cap fits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.