British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   WWYD? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/wwyd-531908/)

snowbunny Apr 24th 2008 5:17 pm

WWYD?

I was at a Rush gig last night and was holding two cups of beer as I made my way to my seat. It was crowded, and in the process, I spilled three drops of beer onto a woman's arm. I immediately apologised.

She sat there frozen and then asked if I expected her to sit there with a wet arm. She demanded that I go fetch a towel to dry her arm with.

What would you have done?

sime303 Apr 24th 2008 5:17 pm

Re: WWYD?

Not go to a Rush concert in the first place.

Lord Lionheart Apr 24th 2008 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6260545)
I was at a Rush gig last night and was holding two cups of beer as I made my way to my seat. It was crowded, and in the process, I spilled three drops of beer onto a woman's arm. I immediately apologised.

She sat there frozen and then asked if I expected her to sit there with a wet arm. She demanded that I go fetch a towel to dry her arm with.

Given the price of beer at concerts and sporting events in the States, I'd have licked it off her arm. Or demanded the money if she was a complete minger

Ka Ora! Apr 24th 2008 5:18 pm

I would of asked for a Short plank and told her to take a long walk...

snowbunny Apr 24th 2008 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by sime303 (Post 6260552)
Not go to a Rush concert in the first place.

Reasonable advice... but I was already there. Do note that this was a rock gig and not the bloody ballet.

ugacrew Apr 24th 2008 5:21 pm

I would have washed it off with the rest of it.:frown:

Three friggin' drops. Puh-leeze!

snowbunny Apr 24th 2008 5:22 pm

What I did was fetch the janitor and told him that I'd spilled some beer, could I have assistance in cleaning it up?

Her face when he showed up with a mop was priceless.

ugacrew Apr 24th 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6260569)
What I did was fetch the janitor and told him that I'd spilled some beer, could I have assistance in cleaning it up?

Score!!!!!

Snowbunny 1 Bitch with a problem ZERO

Deb Apr 24th 2008 5:23 pm

I would of just give her a Geordie kiss...:)

sime303 Apr 24th 2008 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6260559)
Reasonable advice... but I was already there. Do note that this was a rock gig and not the bloody ballet.

Actually I would've just ignored her or told her to go and find her own towel.

TruBrit Apr 24th 2008 5:26 pm

well if it was only a few drops, three you say, then i'd apologise and as i usually have some kleenex in my purse, i'd offer those for her to mop herself up.

if it was more than a few drops, say a half a glass or a glass full, i'd offer her the kleenex and some money for her to get it dry cleaned.....she sounds a right drama queen tbh if it was only 3 drops :sneaky:

TruBrit Apr 24th 2008 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6260569)

good for you.....three drops ffs :rolleyes:

snowbunny Apr 24th 2008 5:28 pm

She was actually a fan.... could air-guitar and air-drum the complicated rhythms with the rest of us.... I can't believe a Rush fan would be so effing ANAL.

However she was stood in front of my brother all night..... he's a first class tenor and can match the lead singer at the top of his lungs. Even through her earplugs I'm sure she was most displeased.

vic -- it really was three drops and I rummaged through my purse for kleenex to no avail -- I had a flashlight, Claritin, Sharpies, my mobile, and much more, but no kleenex. I apologised for this lack of foresight too. She made me go for a towel just before the show was due to start and I have gone to see Rush for 25 years now. Unbelievable.

anabella Apr 24th 2008 5:30 pm

I would have ignored her and pretended I didn't speak English.. She would have loved that I bet..

snowbunny Apr 24th 2008 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 6260607)
I would have ignored her and pretended I didn't speak English.. She would have loved that I bet..

Yeah, Toon yells in Dutch at telemarketers (we're on the Do Not Call list, I checked again recently). Works a treat!