Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Would you have handed it in ?

Would you have handed it in ?

Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:31 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you have handed it in ?

Originally Posted by Sophia_S View Post
Personally,yes,I couldn't live with myself if I didn't!....I'm one of those people who've never even gotten off a bus without at least leaving my busfare in the conductors little 'cubby-hole'!......to be honest, I wouldn't even have looked inside the bag for an address or phone number without a 'witness'!!!...my conscience would kill me otherwise!
Did the conductor mind you doing that
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Did the conductor mind you doing that
He never complained!!! LOL! (just knew someone would have to say it!!!) LOL
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:10 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S View Post
He never complained!!! LOL! (just knew someone would have to say it!!!) LOL
I couldn't let that one pass me by
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I couldn't let that one pass me by
Knew it would be too unbearable for someone! LOL!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I definately would have handed it in, or tried to find the owner myself with whatever info the item held. If it was a wad of cash, I would turn it in to a police station and got a receipt for it, as you don't know if the person claiming it is the rightful owner.

SIL left his wallet in a seat-back pocket as it was hurting his bum. He managed to get back onto the plane when he explained why he wanted to. The cleaners were already on the plane, and his wallet had gone. This was around 5-10 minutes after he had got off. I think it was either BA or a Delta affiliate at either LHR or Linate.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

There's no question that I/we would have turned it in. OH and I found a woman's wallet in the car park at Sam's Club with a cache of credit cards, several hundred dollars and who-knows-what. We traced her down by her driver's license but, because she was so suspicious of who we were and why we were calling it was a job to get her to meet us in the car park at Walmart so we could give it back to her. Think she said much in the way of thanks? Nope. Still, we'd do it again. Do hope you get at least the bag back - but don't hold your breath. Such a shame.......
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:32 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Oh there are good people out there. I once left my wallet in a black cab after having been taken ill on the tube. Cabbie handed it into Richmond Police station....apparently they get a reward if all contents is there.

Another good samaritan, a member of the public put me in the cab after I vomited on Earls Court station (no I hadn't been drinking for once) had some virus which attacked me. I still dont know who that person was but have always wanted to thank them.

wouldn't think it would be the same here though...SA is thief full! There is only shame if you get caught...bloody African culture is not all pretty I assure you. Maybe they all work at United? LOL
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:01 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Of course.

*whistles*
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I would hand it.

Two women I worked with found a wallet at the bottom of the stairs of our office building. As they opened it to find out the name of it's owner...the owner appeared. He claimed there was money missing from the wallet...called the police...the 2 women spent the rest of the day and evening at the police station.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:14 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Yes I would hand it.

Two women I worked with found a wallet at the bottom of the stairs of our office building. As they opened it to find out the name of it's owner...the owner appeared. He claimed there was money missing from the wallet...called the police...the 2 women spent the rest of the day and evening at the police station.
shady man.

I have found 3 wallet's/purses in my time and handed them all in to the police. I also found a large amount of money in the back of a taxi when I was about 10 and started to let the driver know about it, then felt a clip round the ear from my dad, who was with me.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:16 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I would have handed it in. I wouldn't have been able to live with the guilt if I hadn't!

What a lovely bunch of honest people we all are! Restores my faith in humanity.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Yes I would hand it.

Sounds like that one might've been a scam? And how in the world would they prove they hadn't taken a dime??
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishcelts View Post
shady man.

I have found 3 wallet's/purses in my time and handed them all in to the police. I also found a large amount of money in the back of a taxi when I was about 10 and started to let the driver know about it, then felt a clip round the ear from my dad, who was with me.
Maybe I'm being naive here - but what happened to the "large amount of money"?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress View Post
Well the taxi driver heard and I handed it over to him, he then homed in via radio to his boss to let them know. (maybe then split the money after that, who knows).
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:16 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress View Post
His dad is now living in the Costa del sol...next to Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.