Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Worlds worst drivers.

Worlds worst drivers.

Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:26 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worlds worst drivers.

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Driving in Texas is taking your life into your own hands. :scared:

<I'm not even sure what that means but I'm quite sure it is horrible>

:scared:
Sounds messy.

I find that driving in Texas is like sharing the road with... a bunch of Texans.

Never have I seen more selfish, stupid, moronic, feckwitted, drunken... did I mention selfish? Arseholes, the lot of 'em.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

South Africans, hands down, no contest.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Sounds messy.

I find that driving in Texas is like sharing the road with... a bunch of Texans.

Never have I seen more selfish, stupid, moronic, feckwitted, drunken... did I mention selfish? Arseholes, the lot of 'em.

lol and i was having a good morning until i read this.....haha doncha just love being around 'em
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:16 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol and i was having a good morning until i read this.....haha doncha just love being around 'em
Sorry, didn't mean to ruin your morning.

If it's any consolation, it means I can drive like a complete prick too, when the mood takes me, and nobody even notices.

Can you believe that the one time I got a speeding ticket in Texas (first one in my life, in fact) he also cited me for not using my turn signals... and then told me that "nobody does around here". Wanker!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Sorry, didn't mean to ruin your morning.

If it's any consolation, it means I can drive like a complete prick too, when the mood takes me, and nobody even notices.

Can you believe that the one time I got a speeding ticket in Texas (first one in my life, in fact) he also cited me for not using my turn signals... and then told me that "nobody does around here". Wanker!
morning db, no need to be sorry....i was saying that tongue in cheek....it would take far worse than a load of arseholes to ruin my day

i laughed at your ticket story...i also got a speeding ticket (my one and only) shortly after moving here, i was doing 40mph in a 30mph zone but wriggled out paying the fine....the old judge on the day liked my accent and seems he had lived in London for 10 yrs and said our country had the best drivers he had ever seen...lol maybe the M25 wasn't built then
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:43 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Sorry, I have to say Georgia drivers take the cake. Of course the first driver's license I had was from Vermont.............
Alabama drivers take the cake. Very agressive, cutting from one lane to the other back to try and pass in town, where traffic is aready moving at 65 in a 45 zone, using the center turning lane to speed up following a last second turn in front of ongoing traffic, pulling out into reaffic at 10 mph, into traffic moving at 65mph, no signal on ever- and if there is one on, it's probably been blinking left since they pulled off the buy here pay here lot...
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

valscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I have driven around the beltway in d.c no problem but drivers here are unbelievable! My hubby has had 4 car accidents in the past 10 months none are his fault. 2 ploughed in to him while at a petrol stop and car wash just didn't even look. The others in to the back of him on the 405. I will not drive on the 405.
Making the driving instructions - signal then mirror and manoeuvre is insane!!
And why when US people are so polite in conversation they can't transfer that to the road - I'll never know why!

Round here it is just manoeuvre!

Was a sales rep back home and I must admit my heart filled with dread when I had to go to Bexhill on Sea on pension day.

My OH and I used to average 85-90 mph ( at least, on british motorways ) when we were younger flashing our lights at anyone who dared get in our way. That old trick of lightly touching the brakes if anyone was too close.. ah those were the days.

Now we piddle along at 65mph on the interstates declaring that anyone doing more than 75 is a nutter. We need to go home to clogg up the middle lane of the M6 but it willl be OK as we have learned the US driving skill of being oblivious to anything else on the road.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Sorry, I have to say Georgia drivers take the cake.
No we are all going to disagree on this one LOL I'm very tense driving on I64, give me M25 any day, Truckers fly past doing 80 plus :scared: Twats always right up your arse, sorry but the list go's on and on.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a bloke in a convertible yesterday, with the roof down. It was raining, had been raining for several hours and the weather forecast had been for rain, so he wasn't taken by surprise by a sudden shower.

Maybe his roof was jammed in the "down" position and he was taking it to the garage, swearing under his breath the whole time about crappy German cars. If not, he was just a complete raving nutter.

He wasn't driving badly, he just looked insane. Insane-looking drivers scare me.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:13 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, driving in Texas is amongst the worst. And I know some people are going to accuse me of racism with this next sentence, but I don't really care. Texas, particularly Houston, has a particularly large lationo illegal immigrant population. And most of these Mexicans are driving around on the roads without a license or insurance. Which means that when one of these guys crunchs your car, you're on your own. I've had a people relay me stories of how they've had their cars ruined and the driver either didn't stop, or he got out and told the guy flat out that he didn't have insurance to cover the damage.

That's a pretty big issue.

Also, the usual problems: no indicating, changing lanes at a split seconds notice, tailgating, driving way under the speed limit - and my personal favorite: using a cell phone. Which usually goes hand in hand with all the offences I just listed.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
Actually, driving in Texas is amongst the worst. And I know some people are going to accuse me of racism with this next sentence, but I don't really care. Texas, particularly Houston, has a particularly large lationo illegal immigrant population. And most of these Mexicans are driving around on the roads without a license or insurance. Which means that when one of these guys crunchs your car, you're on your own. I've had a people relay me stories of how they've had their cars ruined and the driver either didn't stop, or he got out and told the guy flat out that he didn't have insurance to cover the damage.

That's a pretty big issue.

Also, the usual problems: no indicating, changing lanes at a split seconds notice, tailgating, driving way under the speed limit - and my personal favorite: using a cell phone. Which usually goes hand in hand with all the offences I just listed.
If it's Texas, can't you just shoot them in the face?

I'm surprised the NRA doesn't endorse some honkin' great SUV with James Bond missile attachments (especially after seeing the latest Hummer advert where the mother gets sand kicked in her face at the local playground by another mother, so she goes out and buys what looks like an armoured vehicle. The slogan is "get your girl on". WTF?)
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:24 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinnabar
If it's Texas, can't you just shoot them in the face?
If you could, I'd be driving by the welfare line everyweek with an uzi. You'd see people going down like bowling pins.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Driving in Texas is taking your life into your own hands. :scared:
I was going to disagree with you there, having found drivers in Philadelphia in whole different league of awful.

However, a couple of days ago I saw a guy in the leftmost of a pair of left turn lanes suddenly decide to go straight at the light. The look of horror on the faces of the people in car in the right of the two lanes kinda summed it up, and how no-one hit anyone in the resulting confusion is nothing short of a miracle. Last night I had a double take when I noticed the jeep travelling alongside me was in fact on the other side of the median, causing oncoming traffic to brake and swerve to avoid him. I'm not sure where or how he got on that side, but he camly drove along like nothing was wrong, and pulled in behind me as we went through the next light.

In light of recent evidence, I may have to reconsider...
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:26 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Worst I have seen yet was in AZ.

Picture this:-

Lady driving car, whilst on cell phone (nothing unsual there I hear you say).

Other hand being used to write down information on piece of paper balanced on window, and using her elbow to steer the car

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:32 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by sambuc
Worst I have seen yet was in AZ.

Picture this:-

Lady driving car, whilst on cell phone (nothing unsual there I hear you say).

Other hand being used to write down information on piece of paper balanced on window, and using her elbow to steer the car

:scared: :scared: :scared:
I hope she died a painful death simply for her ignorance. But it's the people in the other car that she hits, that gets my sympathy. Again, the innocent suffer because of the actions of the evil and/or ignorant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.