Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Where did you go on your Honeymoon!

Where did you go on your Honeymoon!

Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:51 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where did you go on your Honeymoon!

Those that are married spill the beans, it might be interesting to hear about, as there are a wide variety of ages on expats and location choices would of changed over the years.... was the location a disaster or unforgettable!

I would love to know where our lovely member Wellington went to 50 years ago

Those not married yet, where are you planning to ravish each other!!
Or where would you like to go one day if the right suiter turns up

Me Sarasota Florida and yes I would go back I like it there just not with the ex lol

Last edited by Poppy girl; Jul 16th 2008 at 1:54 am.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did you go on your Honeymoon!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Those that are married spill the beans, it might be interesting to hear about, as there are a wide variety of ages on expats and location choices would of changed over the years.... was the location a disaster or unforgettable!

I would love to know where our lovely member Wellington went to 50 years ago

Those not married yet, where are you planning to ravish each other!!
Or where would you like to go one day if the right suiter turns up

Me Sarasota Florida and yes I would go back I like it there just not with the ex lol
Didn't have one...used the money for a deposit on our first house. My husband was working in Stockholm at the time....I collected him from Lime Street Station, Liverpool a few hours before we were married. He'd missed the last flight from Heathrow to Manchester. A few days later he flew back to Stockholm. Although he did manage to spend his stag night with the England footie team who were playing there at the time and got their autographs....men.

Only had a small wedding...7 people and a pub meal afterwards. 29 years later...I wouldn't change a thing.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:12 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Jersey. It was May 1975 and we took off on a very small plane from "Sarfend" airport the morning after our wedding day. We stayed at the Hotel Norfolk and no one else staying there was under the age of 65 I still have all the receipts and the plane reservations from 33 years ago!

We did have a wonderful week. We went to the Zoo and actually met Gerald Durrell there, he was in the monkey cage! We spent a lot of time walking along the deserted beaches and it was a great week to relax, be together and start off our married life. One of these days maybe we will go back...........
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
We went to Aruba. This was October 2001, so the flights/airports were interesting...

We had a great time, and would like to go back.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Mazatlan, Mexico. Way too hot and I remember smelling like a combination of car exhaust and burritos after 5 minutes outside. Not the first place I would go back to.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:34 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Honeymoon....what Honeymoon..

we were living in Germany at the time and OH's poor mum organised everything in the space of 6 weeks, we flew back on the Friday, got married on Saturday in the lovely church right behind MIL's house and then off to the Pub for the due with all our family and friends and then flew back to Germany on Sunday. OH was back to work on Monday and back off to College I went..

but it was a lovely weekend and we have many happy memories..
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:38 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't have a great deal of cash so off we went to the Lake District - where it pissed it down virtually the whole time.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
Didn't have a great deal of cash so off we went to the Lake District - where it pissed it down virtually the whole time.
So you were forced to stay in bed...:
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:42 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

......so he had the perfect honeymoon
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Mykonos in the Greek Islands.... Biggest queers paradise in the Med,which we only found out when we arrived.
But had a fabulous time though even got proportioned for wife swapping after three days of married life, which was declined politely
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:47 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
the only forcing that went on was when I decided that we hadn't come all that way oop north to not give the hills a try, so pretending that it was "easing off" I marched the Mrs up Langdale Pikes. We got absolutely drenched, but it was kind of exhilarating, and when we got back down to the valley we found we had the bar in the Old Dungeon Ghyll to ourselves and they didn't mind us taking certain items of clothing off to dry them in front of the fire. Happy days.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
the only forcing that went on was when I decided that we hadn't come all that way oop north to not give the hills a try, so pretending that it was "easing off" I marched the Mrs up Langdale Pikes. We got absolutely drenched, but it was kind of exhilarating, and when we got back down to the valley we found we had the bar in the Old Dungeon Ghyll to ourselves and they didn't mind us taking certain items of clothing off to dry them in front of the fire. Happy days.
It looks idyllic...no wonder you were in a hurry to rip your clothes off in front of the fire.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

wedding night-Ritz Carlton Amelia Island-you should see the pic of the morning after.

then St Augustine for a few nights-nice!!

3 months later our Welsh honeymoon-a week here in the 3 room (plus bath) gatekeeper's cottage-

http://www.wales-holidays.co.uk/prop...il.php?id=G232

I want to do it again,
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:10 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I should have taken everyones advice don't pay your money for a honeymoon it doesn't matter where you are, do it a year or so later.

Anyway we went to Cameron House at Loch Lomond for the first couple of days (not the duck bay marina ) flew to Toronto to see the falls etc for a few days then we flew to Calgary for a couple of days then drove to Lake Louise to stay for 4 days http://www.fairmont.com/lakelouise/.
will have to look out photos and post them.

All this in 10 days and had to go straight back to my nursing training and had my finals 3 months latter, mad idiot.

A nice time but wished we had taken it later and over at least 2 weeks!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Irn-bru View Post
I should have taken everyones advice don't pay your money for a honeymoon it doesn't matter where you are, do it a year or so later.

Anyway we went to Cameron House at Loch Lomond for the first couple of days (not the duck bay marina ) flew to Toronto to see the falls etc for a few days then we flew to Calgary for a couple of days then drove to Lake Louise to stay for 4 days http://www.fairmont.com/lakelouise/.
will have to look out photos and post them.

All this in 10 days and had to go straight back to my nursing training and had my finals 3 months latter, mad idiot.

A nice time but wished we had taken it later and over at least 2 weeks!
I dunno Bru. My sister had a fairly large wedding...but they couldn't afford a honeymoon and my parents couldn't afford it either. They wouldn't change a thing...it's their 30th next week. Each to their own eh?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.