Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old May 11th 2022, 12:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

I enjoyed the last episodes of Ozark. Maybe they have left it open for a comeback?
Old May 11th 2022, 7:05 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I enjoyed the last episodes of Ozark. Maybe they have left it open for a comeback?
I wrapped the final three episodes last night, the finale was very well done I thought.

According to the gossip mags, Netflix have now done with this, but it's not inconceivable that some spinoffs may happen.

Old May 11th 2022, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I wrapped the final three episodes last night, the finale was very well done I thought.

According to the gossip mags, Netflix have now done with this, but it's not inconceivable that some spinoffs may happen.

Netflix announced a while ago that this was to be the last series. With their subscriptions being down, I am hoping that they will bring back some of the favourite series to lure customers back.
Old May 20th 2022, 8:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Was it TOTU or a different umbrella title for a story where a couple were trying to get rid of a car and no matter what they did it came back, including somehow appearing in their living room
Originally Posted by scrubbedexpat097 View Post
I don't remember an episode like that and I asked M if he did. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and asked me what drugs I was taking

So no, neither of us remember.
Remembering a few umbrella series.
Edgar Wallace.
Tales of Mystery and Imagination.
Armchair Thriller.

I came across one episode called One Deadly Owner but it's not the one.
Old May 20th 2022, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently watching "Ridley Road" on PBS Masterpiece. It's about London on the early 60s. It's based on a novel but was inspired by true events. Enjoyable.
Old May 20th 2022, 11:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I watched the first 3 eps on Tehran...Apple TV. So far excellent.
...Cant wait for Series #2.
And Season two has just started
Watched the first 2 of S2 tonight.
There was no "previously on" and I found it helpful to watch the last 15 minutes of so of the end of S1
Old May 21st 2022, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Watched the first 2 of S2 tonight.
There was no "previously on" and I found it helpful to watch the last 15 minutes of so of the end of S1
Looking forward to viewing that. Thanks for the tip.

Last night I started to watch 1883…prequel to Yellowstone. So far so good…very good in fact.

Edit: Tim McGraw and Faith Hill play two of the main characters…the are surprisingly good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13991232/reference

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 21st 2022 at 10:42 pm.
Old May 22nd 2022, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished last episode of Outlander. Highly recommend. It’s five seasons long.
Old May 22nd 2022, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I´ve been watching Talking Pictures.Old episodes of "Secret Army "which is showing on Sunday nights about the Resistance groups during the occupation of Belgium.It is thought by some, to have later prompted the series"Allo Allo" to be written as a comic parody
Old May 22nd 2022, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Bosch Legacies, on Amazon...nice spin off series to Bosch, but he's still a big character, as a PI now, and daughter as a rookie cop.
We've been watching 'The Lincoln Lawyer' on Netflix (1 season, 10 episodes). I felt the storyline and overall 'tone' were familiar, my g/f told me the Lincoln Lawyer is by the same author as Bosch - Michael Connelly. We found it to be an 'OK' adaptation, not as good as Bosch (perhaps just lower budget - not such a great cast, or fewer interesting locations? couldn't quite put a finger on it). This inspired us to re-watch Bosch, and I'm really enjoying a second pass through the stories. This will set us up nicely to watch the 'legacies' story. Apparently Titus Welliver (the actor and producer) said it's not a 'spin off', but rather a straight continuation of the storyline.
Old May 22nd 2022, 6:14 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
This will set us up nicely to watch the 'legacies' story. Apparently Titus Welliver (the actor and producer) said it's not a 'spin off', but rather a straight continuation of the storyline.
Rather like Da Vinci's Inquest - a little known Canadian show - and really very good - about a Coroner who in a subsequent continuation becomes Mayor in Da Vinci's City Hall.

Top class TV of BBC standard. Canada has produced a few.

Old May 24th 2022, 5:59 pm
Oscar nominated

I'm not actually watching but wonder whether I should be.
Again.
I got this in a guardian email today - Fans of the hit British sit-com Only Fools and Horses will recall the character Trigger, who once said: “Fuel price increases don’t bother me. I only ever put £20 worth of petrol in my car anyway.”

Some years ago I remember a discussion on BE - completely unrelated to OFAH - where someone said something was a bit like Trigger's Broom.

I didn't know what that meant and had to find the clip to see. I must have seen the episode but had no recollection of the broom.

It was a great show and I thought it was even improved when the episodes lengthened. But I'm now wondering if there was an extra layer of cleverness to it that I missed at the time.

I try to avoid reruns as there's too much I have lined up that I've not seen but I'm considering an exception.
Old May 25th 2022, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not actually watching but wonder whether I should be.
Again.
I got this in a guardian email today - Fans of the hit British sit-com Only Fools and Horses will recall the character Trigger, who once said: “Fuel price increases don’t bother me. I only ever put £20 worth of petrol in my car anyway.”

Some years ago I remember a discussion on BE - completely unrelated to OFAH - where someone said something was a bit like Trigger's Broom.

I didn't know what that meant and had to find the clip to see. I must have seen the episode but had no recollection of the broom.

It was a great show and I thought it was even improved when the episodes lengthened. But I'm now wondering if there was an extra layer of cleverness to it that I missed at the time.

I try to avoid reruns as there's too much I have lined up that I've not seen but I'm considering an exception.
We have recently been watching OFAH. One episode a night before we go to bed. It still makes me giggle even if it is all a bit inappropriate now.

Old May 26th 2022, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Come Fly With Me…Matt Lucas and David Walliams.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1749004/reference/

Edit: Warning… First shown in 2010 and it is not politically correct!!!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 27th 2022 at 12:12 am.
Old May 26th 2022, 11:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Bingeing on “New Tricks” (Britbox).

Such a fun show. Excellent cast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.