Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old Sep 12th 2021, 3:43 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

A selection of very short docos from NZ FrankFilms. Try one or two.

Here is The Scam. Murchison is a couple hours drive from us. Greymouth is over on the West Coast and is a very quiet simple place. Nothing much there at all .

Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the CH4 coverage of the US open final last night, they paid an undisclosed sum to Amazon Prime to show it FTA, and the fee will be given to the LTA to help in the training of up and coming players. It was so amazing that I went to Ch4+1 to watch the end again, such a remarkable young woman, in fact both of them, both of immigrant stock, Fernandez from the Phillipines, and Raducanu from Canada, of Romanian/Chinese parentage, both would have upset Patel with the focus that they have caused about iimmigration. Remarkable performances from both teenagers. Raducanu will be in the record books for so many years, the first ever qualifier, male or female, to win a Slam event, never dropped a set,
Old Sep 12th 2021, 12:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

"What we do in the shadows" season 3 started a week ago.
A fake comedy documentary following the lives of a household of vampires. The casting us perfect.
The ever wonderful Taika Waititi was one of the shows creators, he appeared in the original show. But this is a rare example of an American remake far surpassing a show's original production. Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou are perfect as the three main vampires.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 11:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The Warriors episode of The Simpsons.

Old Sep 14th 2021, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

The new Silent Witness and Celebrity Masterchef. My wife is watching some painful nonsense called Married at First Sight. My IQ dropped just watching the credits.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008 View Post
The new Silent Witness and Celebrity Masterchef. My wife is watching some painful nonsense called Married at First Sight. My IQ dropped just watching the credits.
I am watching Silent Witness right now.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I am watching Silent Witness right now.

I miss Clarissa from the series, it needs another character like her in it.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:09 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Schitts Creek - not really rating it much
Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:40 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
How far into it are you? I liked the first few episodes myself but I have heard a lot of people, even those who recommended the show to me, that they much preferred season 2 and beyond over the first one.

That just reminded me I'm still only 2/3 of the way through it myself actually.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Watched the CH4 coverage of the US open final last night, they paid an undisclosed sum to Amazon Prime to show it FTA, and the fee will be given to the LTA to help in the training of up and coming players. It was so amazing that I went to Ch4+1 to watch the end again, such a remarkable young woman, in fact both of them, both of immigrant stock, Fernandez from the Phillipines, and Raducanu from Canada, of Romanian/Chinese parentage, both would have upset Patel with the focus that they have caused about iimmigration. Remarkable performances from both teenagers. Raducanu will be in the record books for so many years, the first ever qualifier, male or female, to win a Slam event, never dropped a set,
FTA? LTA? (LTA I guess is lawn tennis association, but I can't guess at FTA ...).
Old Sep 15th 2021, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
How far into it are you? I liked the first few episodes myself but I have heard a lot of people, even those who recommended the show to me, that they much preferred season 2 and beyond over the first one.

That just reminded me I'm still only 2/3 of the way through it myself actually.
I keep trying but failing to get into it. But I do hear it improves! In the early episodes, that obnoxious local guy is just so silly as to be annoying/not funny.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 6:50 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I keep trying but failing to get into it. But I do hear it improves! In the early episodes, that obnoxious local guy is just so silly as to be annoying/not funny.
I've been enjoying it, I'm on season 4 I think, maybe 5.

Roland's character does improve in later episodes for sure.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:00 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
FTA? LTA? (LTA I guess is lawn tennis association, but I can't guess at FTA ...).
FTA is Free To Air - open broadcast, no subscription required, so Channel 4 paid Amazon for the right to broadcast.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 9:54 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
FTA is Free To Air - open broadcast, no subscription required, so Channel 4 paid Amazon for the right to broadcast.
Amazon then gave the money to the LTA to be used for supporting young players.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:00 am
Somewhere

Live at the Apollo Uk. One big yawn..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.