Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old Apr 19th 2021, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
How I wish it was like the BE 10/15 years ago. Most of the threads were fun then, Now it seems to be mostly political, with several doom and gloom threads thrown in.
10-15 years ago, we hadn't had Trump as President, armed domestic terrorists roaming the streets, mass demonstrations and riots wanting Police funding to be used in a better way, and multiple video recordings of people dying because they didn't immediately and unconditionally comply-with-Police-while-black-and-unarmed......

We hadn't had Brexit, or a corrupt Tory government in the UK back then either.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
10-15 years ago, we hadn't had Trump as President, armed domestic terrorists roaming the streets, mass demonstrations and riots wanting Police funding to be used in a better way, and multiple video recordings of people dying because they didn't immediately and unconditionally comply-with-Police-while-black-and-unarmed......

You happy soul you.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

You happy soul you.
Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2021, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

But we had the secret valentine messenger
We had the Laundry thread
The Chaine Mail thread( yea Genevieve!)
We had end of the year awards that were hilarious
We had collections for members that needed help ( thanks Ray)
And lots of now MIA members or members that have passed away that made us laugh and giggle each day.

Definitely not the same as before
Old Apr 20th 2021, 12:24 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Yellowstone? I watched all the series several weeks ago. Well worth watching IMO. Amazon Prime.
That's a very high rating for IMDB. Must be worth a look, so bookmarked.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

But we had Reagan, Thatcher, Miners strikes, Power outages, 3-day weeks, 9/11 ... about the only real change is that everything is now caught on video.
You happy soul you.
Exactly! People need to lighten up!
Old Apr 20th 2021, 8:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
But we had the secret valentine messenger
We had the Laundry thread
The Chaine Mail thread( yea Genevieve!)
We had end of the year awards that were hilarious
We had collections for members that needed help ( thanks Ray)
And lots of now MIA members or members that have passed away that made us laugh and giggle each day.

Definitely not the same as before
I agree, I joined 15 years ago, and we are definitely missing a number of those who were guaranteed to give you a laugh, some of them just left, some got bans and never resturned and we seem to have lost a few of the 'less than serious' threads
Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I agree, I joined 15 years ago, and we are definitely missing a number of those who were guaranteed to give you a laugh, some of them just left, some got bans and never resturned and we seem to have lost a few of the 'less than serious' threads
Many of the major players who posted in TIO and The Lounge returned to the UK and got a life. They were the funniest crowd.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the major players who posted in TIO and The Lounge returned to the UK and got a life. They were the funniest crowd.
You mean that when I returned to the UK i DIDN'T get a life????
Old Apr 20th 2021, 12:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
But we had Reagan, Thatcher, Miners strikes, Power outages, 3-day weeks, 9/11 ... about the only real change is that everything is now caught on video.
And internet forums exist to talk about it
Old Apr 20th 2021, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Mine was an involuntary downgrade
Old Apr 20th 2021, 12:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I can’t remember you posting in TIO/The Lounge way back when Mike.

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
And internet forums exist to talk about it
Correct, but it is also where we can have fun too. Especially in these times...it would help to lift our spirits methinks.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 1:36 pm
Concierge

I can’t remember you posting in TIO/The Lounge way back when Mike.

I think I did, but probably not very often, I did read it a lot, just to get the feel of those forums before taking the plunge.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 1:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Correct, but it is also where we can have fun too. Especially in these times...it would help to lift our spirits methinks.
I think there's plenty of fun 'over here' now but funnier earlier times must have been before I became a regular, which I only did because the Canada section lost a lot of life.

Perhaps it really was funnier previously or maybe it was just as funny but seems less so now with so many objectionable characters around. One less now though, thankfully.

There should be a TV debate about it then we could be on topic having watched it.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Perhaps it really was funnier previously or maybe it was just as funny but seems less so now with so many objectionable characters around. One less now though, thankfully.

There should be a TV debate about it then we could be on topic having watched it.
There was, the troll lost even though his supporters claimed he won

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.