Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old Apr 18th 2021, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are you watching right now?

How are you watching Internal Affairs please? It is not on Netflix Canada.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
How are you watching Internal Affairs please? It is not on Netflix Canada.
Try Amazon Prime Video.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

I don’t care for that type of program, I find them boring, although my daughter loves Midsomer. I prefer programs like The Unforgotten, Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders...something with blood, guts and violence.
Just watched tonight's Line of Duty, episode 5.

Bloody hell, they know how to end an episode with a cliff hanger.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Just watched tonight's Line of Duty, episode 5.

Bloody hell, they know how to end an episode with a cliff hanger.
I will wait to get all the series before watching. Can’t wait...it is always excellent!!

Last night I watched 3 eps of the current series of Syndicate, just shown on UK TV. We enjoyed the old series, there hasn’t been a new series for years. The general theme is a group of 5 or 6 people win the lottery and how it affects them.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I will wait to get all the series before watching. Can’t wait...it is always excellent!!
I started out trying to wait but I literally couldn't.
I got as far as saving episode 3 for a week and then watched 3&4 together. To fill the gap between 4 & 5 I watched the latest season of Unforgotten. There's a state to get into.
Last night I watched 3 eps of the current series of Syndicate, just shown on UK TV. We enjoyed the old series, there hasn’t been a new series for years. The general theme is a group of 5 or 6 people win the lottery and how it affects them.
I shall investigate that. Sounds like a change of pace.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I started out trying to wait but I literally couldn't.
I got as far as saving episode 3 for a week and then watched 3&4 together. To fill the gap between 4 & 5 I watched the latest season of Unforgotten. There's a state to get into.

I shall investigate that. Sounds like a change of pace.

Years ago...maybe 15...there was a series on UK TV called The Street. Each ep was about a household on the street. Similar sort of series to the Syndicate.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's what I was getting at when FL made the point about the different attitudes. We Brits can recognise that cops may be bad guys and Americans don't want to. Generalising but maybe there's something in it.

Is it any good? I came across mention of it somewhere a couple of weeks ago. For a Network production Blue Bloods is quite good - not seen it for a few years though as there are so many things better. Is Bosch a Network style show or something more realistic?
I personally find Bosch to be the best show of its kind in years. I love everything about it - storylines, acting, locations, photography, supporting characters, secondary / long story arcs, etc. It's so good I'm slow-rolling it because I can't bear to see it end! Is it 'network style'? I'd say no, it's not 'silly' like (eg) NCIS, CSI, etc. I can't believe you haven't seen it! Let's discuss it over on the 'other' thread
Old Apr 19th 2021, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Try Amazon Prime Video.
yes!!!! Thank you.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

yes!!!! Thank you.
You're welcome.

It's like the BE of old, here to help each other...
Old Apr 19th 2021, 2:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome.

Old Apr 19th 2021, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You're welcome.

How I wish it was like the BE 10/15 years ago. Most of the threads were fun then, Now it seems to be mostly political, with several doom and gloom threads thrown in.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 4:14 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I personally find Bosch to be the best show of its kind in years. I love everything about it - storylines, acting, locations, photography, supporting characters, secondary / long story arcs, etc. It's so good I'm slow-rolling it because I can't bear to see it end! Is it 'network style'? I'd say no, it's not 'silly' like (eg) NCIS, CSI, etc. I can't believe you haven't seen it! Let's discuss it over on the 'other' thread
I know that feeling. But with 70 episodes it's a long way from finishing.
I never got around to watching The Wire which seems to be mentioned in the same breath as Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire (that's another I didn't get around to)
Old Apr 19th 2021, 4:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Have you tried Yellowstone? I watched all the series several weeks ago. Well worth watching IMO. Amazon Prime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236770...=nm_flmg_act_2
Old Apr 19th 2021, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Yellowstone? I watched all the series several weeks ago. Well worth watching IMO. Amazon Prime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236770...=nm_flmg_act_2
I tried Yellowstone but I found it to be rather 'soapy'. Great scenery, though! If you like Yellowstone, you should love Longmire, on Netflix.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 6:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I tried Yellowstone but I found it to be rather 'soapy'. Great scenery, though! If you like Yellowstone, you should love Longmire, on Netflix.
I couldn’t get into it at first, same with Bosch. I gave up two or three times, but in the end I decided to stick with it and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.