Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What are you watching right now?

What are you watching right now?

Old Sep 27th 2020, 2:42 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you watching right now?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I don't remember an episode like that and I asked M if he did. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and asked me what drugs I was taking

So no, neither of us remember.
I checked TOTU and what I'm thinking of may have been a couple of years earlier/ Armchair Mystery Theatre, maybe or Armchair Thriller.

What I remember...it's a couple trying to dump a car. No matter where they leave it, they wake up next day and it's back in front of the house. Or on the drive.
Eventually they come downstairs and find it in the living room - impossible of course. The engine starts up and they can't get out the room as the doors are now locked. The exhaust fumes kill them.

It's not quite Herbie The Love Bug.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Football and grand prix and football.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 4:30 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I checked TOTU and what I'm thinking of may have been a couple of years earlier/ Armchair Mystery Theatre, maybe or Armchair Thriller.

What I remember...it's a couple trying to dump a car. No matter where they leave it, they wake up next day and it's back in front of the house. Or on the drive.
Eventually they come downstairs and find it in the living room - impossible of course. The engine starts up and they can't get out the room as the doors are now locked. The exhaust fumes kill them.

It's not quite Herbie The Love Bug.
I am so sad! Last night I couldn't sleep because someone was coughing or snoring or both, so I got up and I trolled through all the TOTU and I could not find any episodes in all the 9 series that matches your description.

Thank you .
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:54 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The Comey Rule. Half way through. It's really very good.
But Trump is about to make his appearance. Played by Brendan Gleeson
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:38 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Dunkirk's on at 8 o'clock! I want to watch that! Jeff Daniels was on one of the late shows last night, and they showed clips of The Comey Rule, and it looked ok, but I had the sense that I knew the story already... wrong to judge from tiny bits of the show, of course.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:20 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Hey, Dunkirk's on at 8 o'clock! I want to watch that! Jeff Daniels was on one of the late shows last night, and they showed clips of The Comey Rule, and it looked ok, but I had the sense that I knew the story already... wrong to judge from tiny bits of the show, of course.
I watched the second half now - longer than the first half.
You might know the story but you probably know Dunkirk too.

Hey, Jonathan Banks is in The Comey Rule. That was a surprise.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I watched the second half now - longer than the first half.
You might know the story but you probably know Dunkirk too.

Hey, Jonathan Banks is in The Comey Rule. That was a surprise.
Shit I forgot and started watching the debate! Switched over now.
In school in Canada, The Snow Goose used to be required reading.

Last edited by caretaker; Sep 30th 2020 at 3:33 am.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to watch something but was so tired and went to bed at 9 o'clock with my book ZZZZZZzzzzzz
Old Oct 6th 2020, 4:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Have been enjoying Young Wallander the last couple of days. Also, Criminal. Have the French, Spanish and German versions lined up on Netflix too.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 6:22 pm
Oscar nominated

Almost done with Stockholm Requiem

Another of Walter's from Channel 4
Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:20 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Have been enjoying Young Wallander the last couple of days. Also, Criminal. Have the French, Spanish and German versions lined up on Netflix too.
I tried but for some reason I couldn't get into it.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:53 am
Oscar nominated

Kaikki Synnit, otherwise known as All The Sins.
Another one from Channel 4's Walter Presents series.

Is there no end to these Nordic masterpieces?
Old Oct 11th 2020, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Vern! Just taking a trip down nostalgia lane tonight. I forgot how funny Jim Varney was, and best known for playing Ernest P. Worrell in commercials, TV, and movies. He died in 2000 at age 50 from lung cancer.

In the mid 80's and into the 90's Earnest was one of the hottest characters on TV, every company wanted an Earnest commercial it seemed, at one point filming over 50 commercials a month for a laundry list of companies.

Old Oct 11th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I will be watching the grand prix and england football match,that is if england play ok???
Old Oct 12th 2020, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I will be watching the grand prix and england football match,that is if england play ok???
Well they beat the worlds No.1!! Does that make us the No. 1 now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.