Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:48 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf View Post
Went to the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver yesterday (another thing crossed of my Colorado bucket list)
That's either an indictment on you, or Colorado. I can't decide which.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Wow, a Million Brazilian protesters?

I have no idea how many a Million Brazilian is, but it sounds a lot!

(copyright ededed)

Cute. But kudos to those protesters. Perhaps the most loyal footie fans in the world, and the only country to win 5 cups...and they are protesting the waste that is FIFA and the corruption in the whole process...in a country with tremendous needs in other areas where the money would be better spent. If they will do that against a sport that they love....imagine when it gets close to the Olympics....which they likely don't care all that much about.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:42 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post

Cute. But kudos to those protesters. Perhaps the most loyal footie fans in the world, and the only country to win 5 cups...and they are protesting the waste that is FIFA and the corruption in the whole process...in a country with tremendous needs in other areas where the money would be better spent. If they will do that against a sport that they love....imagine when it gets close to the Olympics....which they likely don't care all that much about.
True - we had the World Cup 3 years ago and it's changed **** all. There's no legacy, no improvement in the national team. Just a few more billionaires and the sense that for 4 weeks the country was united - for once. Then along cane Dewani, Oscar Pistorius and the impending death of Mandela, and we're back to square one.

And England are still shit.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
True - we had the World Cup 3 years ago and it's changed **** all. There's no legacy, no improvement in the national team. Just a few more billionaires and the sense that for 4 weeks the country was united - for once. Then along cane Dewani, Oscar Pistorius and the impending death of Mandela, and we're back to square one.

And England are still shit.
It seems that all the elaborate stadiums and Olympic Villages that cost millions eventually turn into slum areas after the events in whatever country they have been built. I never could understand that, it seems they could be used to help so many and yet they always become run down and wasted.

It is a sad and confused world we live in
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It was yesterday, actually, but close enough. Phone interview for another next week with the org. I tried and failed to get a job with in January.

Here we go again.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It was yesterday, actually, but close enough. Phone interview for another next week with the org. I tried and failed to get a job with in January.

Here we go again.
Good luck.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:43 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.
Congrats. Shorter skirt this time.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Congrats. Shorter skirt this time.
Sadly, the hiring manager is a woman this time.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Good luck.
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Thanks. I'm hoping that eventually they will hire me just to stop me from applying for stuff.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Sadly, the hiring manager is a woman this time.
It may still work
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
It may still work
True. They do pride themselves on their "diversity" there.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:08 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'm hoping that eventually they will hire me just to stop me from applying for stuff.
You'll probably get offered a position in the H.R. Section... Being the person that crosses off the list of possibles, applicants that have previously applied.

Good luck.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
You'll probably get offered a position in the H.R. Section... Being the person that crosses off the list of possibles, applicants that have previously applied.
You may well be right. In-person interview this Friday. I shall have to throw a sickie, since there is a "team meeting" on Friday that we aren't supposed to miss so I can't just take the day off in the normal way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.