Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:51 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Finally bit the bullet (I always think there's going to be a better deal around the corner) and bought our tickets to the UK for this summer today!!
I always hold out for the 'better deal' as well. Sometimes it goes the right way, sometimes not!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart View Post
Nice!! Who did you finally go with?
Aer Lingus. A pretty good deal from Seattle to Dublin. Dublin is a great airport to go through and then we can get a connecting flight to Leeds. Last time we went that way we were going to spend some time in Dublin, but didn't get the chance. This time we are going to spend a few days on the way back.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf View Post
I always hold out for the 'better deal' as well. Sometimes it goes the right way, sometimes not!
My daughter told me yesterday: "Mom, the last time you did this you waited too long and it got too expensive!" lol My daughters know how I can be!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Aer Lingus. A pretty good deal from Seattle to Dublin. Dublin is a great airport to go through and then we can get a connecting flight to Leeds. Last time we went that way we were going to spend some time in Dublin, but didn't get the chance. This time we are going to spend a few days on the way back.
Have a wonderful trip. Dublin is a beautiful city......!

When are you leaving?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Have a wonderful trip. Dublin is a beautiful city......!

When are you leaving?
Not until July and Dublin is just a gateway. But we are going to stay a few days on the way home.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Not until July and Dublin is just a gateway. But we are going to stay a few days on the way home.
It's a nice place to stop over.

Also,

Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
It's a nice place to stop over.

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/JXedRqw.gif
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad prices, I just checked for Sept-Oct, going from Charleston to Dublin, just under $850. Dublin to Manchester is only $115!! That's about the cheapest I have seen
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not bad prices, I just checked for Sept-Oct, going from Charleston to Dublin, just under $850. Dublin to Manchester is only $115!! That's about the cheapest I have seen
I tried several different ways, even leaving from another city and flying from Seattle to Dublin was the cheapest! We flew Aer Lingus once before (we had a flight from Philly to Dublin, connecting in Boston) and that wasn't a bad flight.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:18 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, French scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the French: in the weeks that followed, American archaeologists dug to a depth of 20 feet before finding traces of copper wire. Shortly afterwards, they published an article in the New York Times saying : "American archaeologists, having found traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the French."

A few weeks later, ‘The British Archaeological Society of Northern England’ reported the following: "After digging down to a depth of 33 feet in the Skipton area of North Yorkshire in 2011, Charlie Hardcastle, a self-taught local amateur archaeologist, reported that he had found absolutely nowt at all. Charlie has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain had already gone wireless."

Just makes you proud to be British.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I tried several different ways, even leaving from another city and flying from Seattle to Dublin was the cheapest! We flew Aer Lingus once before (we had a flight from Philly to Dublin, connecting in Boston) and that wasn't a bad flight.
I torture myself regularly looking at ticket prices to go back home! I know I won't be going anytime soon.

When hubs retires proper (maybe next year) we will have more flexibility, i'm just hoping that we will still be able to jump on a hop (military transport) to the UK then, with all the cuts happening, it may not be available then!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I torture myself regularly looking at ticket prices to go back home! I know I won't be going anytime soon.

When hubs retires proper (maybe next year) we will have more flexibility, i'm just hoping that we will still be able to jump on a hop (military transport) to the UK then, with all the cuts happening, it may not be available then!
If they don't serve champers before take off I wouldn't bother.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
If they don't serve champers before take off I wouldn't bother.
LOL, no champers on those flights, you are lucky if you have a bathroom, but they are free! and that will be a great way to see more of the World if they still have that option.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

a great way to see more of the World
But you have to sit on one of those benches hooked onto the parachute jump launch thing.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
But you have to sit on one of those benches hooked onto the parachute jump launch thing.
LOL, it's not quite that bad, but last time I was on one we were given a box lunch (yuck) and had to share the flight with 'medivac' patients, interesting though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.