Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:17 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Google the shark feeding frenzy in Perth from yesterday. There were about 100 sharks feeding on a school of fish just offshore at Trigg, which is about 35 minutes south of me. The footage from the news helicopter is amazing (I'm on my stupid iPad so dont know how to insert the link). I live just about where the lower 'Sharks' are on that map.
This it?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/natio...df8c8fb23a7/s/

That's a lot of sharks! They sure like their Tuna, thats for sure.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 12:09 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
This it?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/natio...df8c8fb23a7/s/

That's a lot of sharks! They sure like their Tuna, thats for sure.
Yes, that's the one. We gets lots of sharks where we live, but it's pretty unusual to have that many all at once.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that there are two surviving children of............................Civil War vets (Confederate. No Union survivors)) that are still collecting an annual survivors benefit (a paltry $876 per year), but seriously....how the **** old are these people???? Civil War ended in 1865. 148 years ago. If the old gits are 100, and the father was a mere 15 in 1865, he'd have had to sire kids at the age of 63. If they are younger, and he was older.... whoa. Worth a smile. Update, one died in September at 93. So dad had to be in his late 70's or early 80's at conception. Oye.

Still 10 children of vets from the Spanish American War collecting benefits too, $5,000 a year each...ended in 1898.

Last edited by dakota44; Mar 22nd 2013 at 10:00 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

My new gel memory foam mattress topper. Why did I wait so long?
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Apple got hacked....

A major security flaw was discovered Friday that makes it possible to easily change another user's Apple ID password and hijack the account.

Tech news site The Verge said it found the step-by-step tutorial online. The tutorial shows users how to use a modified Apple URL to gain access to someone else's Apple ID account and reset that person's password.

Sorry for smiling, but I do so hate Apple. And their two step verification is not working either...part of the hack no doubt.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...,2800832.story
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 2:40 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

The M&S advert during Broadchurch. Hot cross buns, roast lamb and chocolate eggs. All spoken by an Englishman with perfect diction.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I sat outside with my coffee and my favourite man this morning. It is a humid, overcast and muggy day but it was peaceful and after this week it was needed.

New rule in this house is not to worry about the stuff you can't fix, it is not worth the aggravation! I was frustrated about the plans we had made for the year were being changed, that a simple weekend away keeps getting further and further from finally happening because of work and all the crappy annoyances that seem to crop up everytime things need changing.....but (without wanting to sound all mushy) in the big picture of life it is nothing

So I'm going to finish cleaning my flowerbeds, ride my bike without falling off, let M fire up the grill and enjoy the peace
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I sat outside with my coffee and my favourite man this morning. It is a humid, overcast and muggy day but it was peaceful and after this week it was needed.

New rule in this house is not to worry about the stuff you can't fix, it is not worth the aggravation! I was frustrated about the plans we had made for the year were being changed, that a simple weekend away keeps getting further and further from finally happening because of work and all the crappy annoyances that seem to crop up everytime things need changing.....but (without wanting to sound all mushy) in the big picture of life it is nothing

So I'm going to finish cleaning my flowerbeds, ride my bike without falling off, let M fire up the grill and enjoy the peace
Sounds like a great day! I'm jealous that you can sit outside and enjoy the day. It's a balmy 31 degrees here and overcast....
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Sounds like a great day! I'm jealous that you can sit outside and enjoy the day. It's a balmy 31 degrees here and overcast....
Get an umbrella, a lawnchair and make a bonfire! Oh yes and some graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post

Sounds like a plan.

No sitting outside drinking coffee for me...it's in the 30's and with the wind chill it's bloody freezing. This time last year temps were in the high 70's.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
Get an umbrella, a lawnchair and make a bonfire! Oh yes and some graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars.

Or drag my husband off car shopping with a teaser of stopping by Home Despot on the way back!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post

Or drag my husband off car shopping with a teaser of stopping by Home Despot on the way back!
you really mean that?..
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
you really mean that?..
No, not in that definition... I was just trying to combine depot with despise.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Not today, but Thursday. I was flying to CA. I got up to my seat and there was a guy sitting in it. I thought what the fook. He was sitting beside a lady with a toddler and baby. He then said "would I like to change seats as he wanted to sit with his family". I thought a [email protected]@dy middle seat, but no, up to first class. I did say to ask the flight attendant, just incase they threw a wobbly, but it was ok.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by joto View Post
Not today, but Thursday. I was flying to CA. I got up to my seat and there was a guy sitting in it. I thought what the fook. He was sitting beside a lady with a toddler and baby. He then said "would I like to change seats as he wanted to sit with his family". I thought a [email protected]@dy middle seat, but no, up to first class. I did say to ask the flight attendant, just incase they threw a wobbly, but it was ok.
Well that was a win for you, for sure!

But I bet his wife told him if he sat up there in first class that he'd really be in for it later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.