Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:04 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The Little Lion is turning out to be quite arty. I want to get him lessons since they get so little in school at his age, but it's rather expensive.
Little Kim Jong Il has been doing after school art, I have been quite impressed, they look at various artists work and then explore the concept or media and style. She is going to take a break as we economise for a while. But I think the most important thing for younger kids is to not limit what they think art is. Take them to exhibitions and let them see the good, the bad and the weird.

Congratulations to you.
Thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:38 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Little Kim Jong Il has been doing after school art, I have been quite impressed, they look at various artists work and then explore the concept or media and style. She is going to take a break as we economise for a while. But I think the most important thing for younger kids is to not limit what they think art is. Take them to exhibitions and let them see the good, the bad and the weird.
Mine wants to learn some techniques and things so that he can make things behave the way he wants them. Art is so important for children, it drives me insane that it is so little supported in the schools here.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Mar 12th 2013 at 1:41 am.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:43 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Mine wants to learn some techniques and things so that he can make the things behave the way he wants them. Art is so important for children, it drives me insane that it is so little supported in the schools here.
We just had a consultation letter from the school, we had to number 1-9 a bunch of areas that the school will do, they plan on doing 2 of them.

Science, Technology, Theater, Dance, Art, Music, Mult-Art, Library and PE

All of them I say, but that was not an option.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:44 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

We just had a consultation letter from the school, we had to number 1-9 a bunch of areas that the school will do, they plan on doing 2 of them.

Only two out of that lot?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:51 am
He/him

Only two out of that lot?
Yes, it was not clear what some of then would be, like "Library", I assume if they do not do it, it will not mean the library closes and no one reads a book. Will not have a chance to ask until next week.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:53 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Science and PE???

I thought they were mandatory everywhere?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Mine wants to learn some techniques and things so that he can make things behave the way he wants them. Art is so important for children, it drives me insane that it is so little supported in the schools here.
Agreed.
Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Science and PE???

Not at elementary level.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:00 am
He/him

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Science and PE???

As I say, I will not get a chance to ask questions until next week. It may be that they are options above the minimum. We have been paying for after school science.

So many things are open to interpretation, which is good and bad, allows flexibility, but also allows for boxes to be ticked when nothing was done.

They went and let small fishes in to the sound, that was probably the science.

(Art taught well of course, is always science)
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:28 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo! Hoo!

I'm a certified teacher!

Washington State has given me a temp teaching cert (while they cross the t's and dot the i's) so I have teacher status and can go look for a teaching job.

I did a PGCE donkey years ago, I was a bit worried that it would not be recognised with all the red tape. Cost to get it all sorted - a tad over $1,000. So I got to work a bit to pay it off.

Now......where are them guns for teachers?
Congratulations!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:12 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Two? Better off just staying home.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Ditch PE and dance, but the rest should be mandatory

Oh aye, best of luck with the job hunt.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We've made the massive huge decision to have a holiday. Don't know where, don't know when but we're bloody doing it because we bloody need it.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:10 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
We've made the massive huge decision to have a holiday. Don't know where, don't know when but we're bloody doing it because we bloody need it.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:39 am

Don't know where, don't know when
but you know you'll holiday again, some sunny day.

Oh and good plan.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:57 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just as long as you set aside a weekend in the spring to come to Sydney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.