Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Englishtart View Post
Not 'real' snow The winters here are mostly pretty mild, we had a bit of snow 3 yrs ago, about an inch, lasted almost the full day, but most of the schools closed down!!
That's funny - one inch!

I was in IL for that one, have some really pretty pictures of it, it was the freezing rain there that was the worst part, loss of power trees down etc!
The freezing rain didn't knock our power out, thankfully but it did make for some interesting effects on the trees. I never got any pictures, though - I was still using a film camera at the time and I didn't have the money to buy any film . I did get plenty of the blizzard of 2010 though, where we got 22" in one go.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Triumph Tiger 90... he gave it to me on my 18th birthday. He also had a BSA Starfire.. Not sure where that one went.

I remember he had wooden blocks on the rear footpegs so I could reach em. One of my main jobs was to run back and fetch his hat (old flat cap) when it blew off.
Ooo! BSA Starfire! Something like this?
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-11.jpg  
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

When I was around five years old, my grandfather started taking me places on his motorcycle (the pub mostly, much to my mothers dismay).

He is long gone now, but I have a photograph of us together on the bike, taken around 1966-7.

A friend of mine in England, went back to the spot the photo was taken, as near as he could judge it, and took a new shot. He then overlaid one with the other into a sort of forty five year time-lapse. The roofline on the houses matches pretty well, as does the remains of the telegragh pole.

Just decided to pull it out and look this morning... It's one of the few pics I have of him. He was a great guy.

Anyhow... figured I would bore you guys with a pic of an old man none of you know.

http://yaypics.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-pfx7gT8-L.gif
Love that!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:54 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
Ooo! BSA Starfire! Something like this?
I think I have a pic of it ... I will look and see if I can find it.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:54 pm
Banned

tarantula is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was around five years old, my grandfather started taking me places on his motorcycle (the pub mostly, much to my mothers dismay).

He is long gone now, but I have a photograph of us together on the bike, taken around 1966-7.

A friend of mine in England, went back to the spot the photo was taken, as near as he could judge it, and took a new shot. He then overlaid one with the other into a sort of forty five year time-lapse. The roofline on the houses matches pretty well, as does the remains of the telegragh pole.

Just decided to pull it out and look this morning... It's one of the few pics I have of him. He was a great guy.

Anyhow... figured I would bore you guys with a pic of an old man none of you know.

That's extraordinary !! What an amazing photo.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm in love

(if there is an ad, you can skip it after a few seconds)

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:57 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I think I'm in love

(if there is an ad, you can skip it after a few seconds)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZehptZ0850
So are you going to leave him like that or turn him into a handsome prince?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf View Post
So are you going to leave him like that or turn him into a handsome prince?
He's perfect the way he is
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:12 pm
Banned

tarantula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What a voice he had when he was younger.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOfC9LfR3PI&feature=related
Amazing! I've heard Sarah Brightman sing Nessun Dorma live in Concert (La Luna) right here in the US. She may not be quite as famous as Pavarotti but those in the know will know that she was the original Christine Daae in "Phantom of the Opera" which was written for her by her husband at the time, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

So cute - wonderful old pic. Love those chubby little legs......
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
That's funny - one inch!

The freezing rain didn't knock our power out, thankfully but it did make for some interesting effects on the trees. I never got any pictures, though - I was still using a film camera at the time and I didn't have the money to buy any film . I did get plenty of the blizzard of 2010 though, where we got 22" in one go.
Here are a couple...so pretty to look at
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-img_0849.jpg   What made you smile today? Part III-img_0850.jpg  
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple...so pretty to look at
Aye, it's nice enough. The novelty has sort of worn off for me over the years, though.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:41 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

A dream that I had... about a mod moving the posts about snowfall, into the weather or WGAF thread, along with that picture from ww2 of some little kid on a vintage bike.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
A dream that I had... about a mod moving the posts about snowfall, into the weather or WGAF thread, along with that picture from ww2 of some little kid on a vintage bike.
One would think that a diversion from the usual saccharine in this thread would be welcome ...
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:01 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
1966 was not WW2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.