Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Picked up the final bit of Tiddler's Formal outfit and she looks bloody awesome. Even her very girly big sister approves - she went all wobbly chin.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 6:57 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

It's Monday - new week, new prospects and hopefully lots of fun and laughs!! Have a good one everyone. (Especially our Friends in the stormy part of the USA - hope you all get through it safe and sound, here's praying!)
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:13 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

My one and a bit granddaughter, been walking for a week or so, wearing a tutu and dancing around. Her mother turned the music down and the little thing rushed over and turned it back up again.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:24 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was my daughter's high school graduation. She won an award for math - the head of the maths department said it was the highest grade he'd seen (98%) and she's in the top 3 marks for the entire state. She was also named dux of the school. For those who don't know what the dux is, it's an award given jointly by the school and the state department of education to the student with the highest academic achievment in the school. The award comes with a $1000 prize for her. We thought her care group teacher told us last week that she missed out on being the dux, but we obviously didn't listen very closely to what she was saying. What she missed out on was the VET award which went to a girl in my daughter's business class.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Last night was my daughter's high school graduation. She won an award for math - the head of the maths department said it was the highest grade he'd seen (98%) and she's in the top 3 marks for the entire state. She was also named dux of the school. For those who don't know what the dux is, it's an award given jointly by the school and the state department of education to the student with the highest academic achievment in the school. The award comes with a $1000 prize for her. We thought her care group teacher told us last week that she missed out on being the dux, but we obviously didn't listen very closely to what she was saying. What she missed out on was the VET award which went to a girl in my daughter's business class.
Awesome achievement, many congrats to her. And her parents of course
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

That is brilliant news - you must be so proud of her. $1,000 prize money - bet she is chuffed about that.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
My one and a bit granddaughter, been walking for a week or so, wearing a tutu and dancing around. Her mother turned the music down and the little thing rushed over and turned it back up again.
Cute!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:45 am
Account Closed

Brilliant!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Brilliant!
When the letters were coming out inviting parents to Academic Awards night, Tiddler very proudly noted that she'd won precisely sod all over her entire school 'career'. I in turn noted my pride in the fact that her standards of excellence had not altered for 12 years.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
When the letters were coming out inviting parents to Academic Awards night, Tiddler very proudly noted that she'd won precisely sod all over her entire school 'career'. I in turn noted my pride in the fact that her standards of excellence had not altered for 12 years.

Although just making it through 12 yrs of school is quite an accomplishment in my opinion. My son was the same and then when he started college and uni he finally found his niche and excelled. Kids do it their own way..
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:26 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome Well done Dorothy Junior
Old Oct 30th 2012, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done that girl. Something to be really proud of.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 3:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

We have council pickup in our suburb this week so piles of junk on the nature strips everywhere. One house has obviously had a refurb, there's a toilet sitting out there. Drove past today, it's gone, someone's decided it's in better nick than theirs.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 4:33 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

One of our bunnies has had babies...cute although 5 more rabbits is not so cute. Off to the pet shop me thinks to sell those.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn View Post
One of our bunnies has had babies...cute although 5 more rabbits is not so cute. Off to the pet shop me thinks to sell those.
What? No rabbit stew?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.