Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
LOL

I am the caring face of IT
Ah. The "No one else has reported that problem, it should work, make a note of it and let me know if it happens again" crowd.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:50 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Oi, what a teacher this is.
Was this a Catholic school?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Was this a Catholic school?
Seems like a reasonable guess.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:20 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Ah. The "No one else has reported that problem, it should work, make a note of it and let me know if it happens again" crowd.
Did you try turning it off and turning it on again?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That actually has about a 75% success rate. If I was helping someone with IT, I'd usually have them do that at least while I was on the way down to look at their computer.

Though I'm in accounting, not IT
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:23 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
That actually has about a 75% success rate. If I was helping someone with IT, I'd usually have them do that at least while I was on the way down to look at their computer.

Though I'm in accounting, not IT
I thought my computer had broken, but eventually got round to changing the fuse in the plug, worked as treat.. I also knew someone who thought their computer had broken, but some idiot had been playing about with it and turned to contrast right down.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I thought my computer had broken, but eventually got round to changing the fuse in the plug, worked as treat.. I also knew someone who thought their computer had broken, but some idiot had been playing about with it and turned to contrast right down.

There was once a woman in our office, back when my wife was still with the company, who was so uptight we used to prank her just to relieve some of the tension.

One of the best ones was when we discovered that the graphics cards on the computers we had, allowed you to rotate the display by 90, 180 or 270 degrees, so after a trip to the file room, she came back to her desk to find everything was turned upside down ...
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:47 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

There was once a woman in our office, back when my wife was still with the company, who was so uptight we used to prank her just to relieve some of the tension.

One of the best ones was when we discovered that the graphics cards on the computers we had, allowed you to rotate the display by 90, 180 or 270 degrees, so after a trip to the file room, she came back to her desk to find everything was turned upside down ...
And if you add that to a screen that can rotate you get double the fun.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
And if you add that to a screen that can rotate you get double the fun.

She was so easily wound up. Utterly mental and I don't miss her for one minute but so very easy to piss off ...
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

She was so easily wound up. Utterly mental and I don't miss her for one minute but so very easy to piss off ...
We have back to back desks so you can easily switch mice and keyboards to the opposite pc - that causes lots of fun
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:59 pm
I have a comma problem

We have back to back desks so you can easily switch mice and keyboards to the opposite pc - that causes lots of fun
We're not really in a prankable office anymore, there's so few of us left. I am sad I'll never get the chance to try that one out
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:01 pm

On our pc's scroll lock stops ctrl-alt-delete working - have you tried that?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:07 pm
I have a comma problem

On our pc's scroll lock stops ctrl-alt-delete working - have you tried that?
That doesn't work on ours. I doubt anyone else that works here knows what Ctrl-Alt-Del does, now they're not instructed to do so to log in anymore ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.