Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:50 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress View Post
Why does there have to be any "religion" in control???? HUH? HUH? 'Splain that one, Lucy.
There doesn't, but you have to admit he brings up a valid point there.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Pfffft ...

Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Would 'better the devil you know' be an entirely inappropriate comment right now?

Not that I want the fundies running my life, if the alternative was Sharia law, well ...
Naah - I already used that one in a different thread! The one about yea or nay for Obama.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:57 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Naah - I already used that one in a different thread! The one about yea or nay for Obama.
Yes, but in this context it has a certain poetic justice, at least I think so anyway.

Christ though, Obama or a fundie. What a choice we have next year. Is it any wonder I'm in no rush to send in my voter registration stuff
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Where do I apply for the "Special Councils and Committees" job? People have been calling me a witch for long enough that I believe I have the job skills and life experience to equal a degree in it.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:01 pm
Grove 4 Life

Where do I apply for the "Special Councils and Committees" job? People have been calling me a witch for long enough that I believe I have the job skills and life experience to equal a degree in it.
I think you have to become a fictional character in a Dan Brown novel first.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:03 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Why does there have to be any "religion" in control???? HUH? HUH? 'Splain that one, Lucy.
Whoever is in control, there will be an agenda and they'll work from some kind of "bible", which they will impose on the people.

Religion, as it is everywhere in the world, is just an excuse for an agenda. My point is, remove the christian-right and they'll just be replaced by some other group, who believe they know what's best for us.

I'll tell you what, tell me what country's set-up you do like, why it's better than America's and how it would work here.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Yes, but in this context it has a certain poetic justice, at least I think so anyway.

Christ though, Obama or a fundie. What a choice we have next year. Is it any wonder I'm in no rush to send in my voter registration stuff
Aw, go ahead and sent it in. Just 'cause you've got it, doesn't mean you have to use it - half of the US doesn't - why should you?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

and we have sun......
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum told my Dad she was putting a few pounds in a birthday card for me, and asked if he wanted to chip in. The answer, "No"
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:09 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
My Mum told my Dad she was putting a few pounds in a birthday card for me, and asked if he wanted to chip in. The answer, "No"
He probably just means he's going to put some dollars in it.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
He probably just means he's going to put some dollars in it.
Fat chance.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:24 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Last night a young couple knocked on the door passing out free bibles to everyone in our county (their church goal for the year). I kindly gave it back. They went on to ask if we belonged to a church (as I am playing with my pentagram necklace). I said I'm Catholic, and Mr. Tamms says "I'm English." They promptly left.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:26 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
Last night a young couple knocked on the door passing out free bibles to everyone in our county (their church goal for the year). I kindly gave it back. They went on to ask if we belonged to a church (as I am playing with my pentagram necklace). I said I'm Catholic, and Mr. Tamms says "I'm English." They promptly left.
yes, but, yes, but........ it was free!
(you could then have donated it, and claimed on the tax)
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

looks like he was got by the balls.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/woman-admit...155347045.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.